Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pieced animal cards - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hey there scrappy friends,

I'm up on the Fancy Pants blog today with a couple of cards! Even though I don't consider myself a card maker, lately I find myself creating cards quite often! Today I am sharing three of them with you that I've created for Fancy Pants Designs. I've used the AH-MAZING Golden Days collection for these. I can't say it enough, this collection is just absolutely stunning!

There were a few animal cut files that I've been wanting to use, but haven't had the chance yet, and I thought they would be perfect for some cards in these lovely fall colors!


I started all of them with a 5 3/4 x 3 3/4" water color paper base, which I painted with colors that matched the collection. 

First up, the butterfly card. I used a cut file from Studio Calico and cut the butterflies in different sizes from white card stock. Then I backed the bigger one with various patterned paper from the Golden Days collection. The small one I only backed in the middle and cut out its shape from the floral paper which I glued on my card base and I layered my cut file on top of it. I only glued down the body, not the wings, to add some movement and dimension to my card. You will see in the close up what I mean! I glued down the big one only in the middle too and folded up its wings. I then chose a sentiment from the Golden Days stamp set and stamped it on my card in navy blue. As a last step I added a 6x4" patterned paper base and I mounted my card on a 8x6" (folded in half) white card stock base. I hope it makes sense!




For my second card I chose a deer cut file from Studio Calico. I cut this from the same white card stock as the butterflies and the owl. Again, I backed the cut file with different patterned paper scraps (this is a great use for scraps if you are like me and hoard even the tiniest pieces of scraps!). I left a couple of sections open so my paint can peek through. I adhered my deer with pop dots to add dimension. I added a couple of strips of papers to two of my corners just to add some color and interest. I adhered this on a 6x4" patterned paper base and machine stitched around it with navy thread. Then as before, I mounted my card on a 8x6" (folded in half) white card stock base. For my sentiment I used a scrap piece of card stock, I stamped it on in navy color and added one of those label pieces from the tag pack on top. I attached this to my deer with pop dots so it stands out more.




For my third card I used this super cute owl cut file from the Silhouette Store! I did the exact same thing here as before - I'll tell you, backing those tiny pieces on its body took ages! I inked the edges of the cut file because my owl didn't stand out so well from the background! 




Honestly I think the colors and patterns in this collection make any project look good! These are my new favourite cards, I hope you like them too!

Thank you for stopping by today! X