Friday, June 14, 2019

Rainbow card trio - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello friends,

I'm stopping by today to share my latest creations for the Pinkfresh Studio Card Design Team. 

I didn't have time to play with the super cool Abstract Builder stamp set before so I thought I'd go with this set and create a few different backgrounds. I love the sample designs on the back of the packaging so it was hard to not do them! They are however simple and clean designs and every time I go for that I don't like my cards. Why is it that I love other people's CAS cards, but when I make them myself I feel like they are unfinished? I don't get it. Having said that, the cards I'm sharing today are super simple, mostly one layer cards - but with less white space.

I went with rainbow colors, because well, I love it colorful! All 3 cards are A2 size top folding cards.


I stamped the big black frame first, then created a mask for it - which was completely unnecessary because I ended up stamping it again so I could add foam adhesive behind it to pop it up. I never do think ahead (when it comes to crafting), what can I say :D. Anyway, with the mask on, using the small, straight brushstroke stamp, I created colorful stripes. These stamps are so forgiving, you really don't need to measure anything. It doesn't have to be perfect! Once done, I stamped the second frame, then stamped and heat embossed one of the sentiments from the You've Got This stamp set. This is the second time I forgot that my embossing powder was translucent so it doesn't show up on the black frame ugh! It doesn't bother me though. To finish off this card I tied a twine bow at the top and added jewels from the Essentials: Jewels Mix box. It's a good thing those jewels come in a rainbow of colors, ha!


On my next card I used the 4 curved brushstroke stamps to create a circular design - I just started in the middle and followed the same order of colors as on my first card, alternating between the four stamps. Once done, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment (same stamp set as before) in the middle, added some black splatters for accent (also part of the Abstract Builder stamp set!) and a twine bow. First I didn't like how this turned out but now it's my favorite of the 3 haha!


On my last card I created a black frame in the middle - this is the same L shape stamped twice to form a rectangle, if that makes sense. I created a mask for this frame too, then started stamping at the top. I used less colors since the leaf images are quite large. I went from lightest to darkest colors, from top to bottom, again. I finished off this card with some jewels and twine.



That's it! I hope you feel inspired to give the Abstract Builder stamp set a go! There's so many options to build backgrounds, or if you like more white space, create some focal designs. I love this set!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

X