Saturday, August 1, 2020

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - August 2020

Hi there crafty peeps,

It's that time again! The Spellbinders August Club Kits are here! Are you guys excited?! The kits are again really great this month!

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

I'll start with the Large Die kit projects! You can build 3D projects with these dies actually, a painter's easel with canvas and lots of little accessories. It's suuuuper cute! You'll find a short step by step pictorial in your kit. 

However, I wanted to make traditional cards, so I did not build the easel - well not completely anyway.


I've used patterned papers from an older Paige Evans collection, Oh My Heart - it's actually my most favorite collection from Paige! I die cut the frame/canvas, some part of the easel (whatever I needed for a "flat" easel) as well as some paintbrushes, paints and painter's palette.


I cut a piece of floral patterned paper and inserted it in my frame, suggesting a floral painting. I assembled the accessories and placed them on the easel - I used foam adhesive for this, to create some dimension.


Last but not least I added a foiled sentiment to my card.


On my second card I didn't create the easel, instead I created a flower vase "painting". 


Same as before, I die cut my frame from white card stock, then I cut a piece of patterned paper and inserted it into the frame for my background. 


I die cut the vase and flowers from patterned paper and heavy weight card stock as well, and glued those layers together. I did this so I had more sturdy elements, I don't like to use foam tape on patterned paper only, because patterned paper is just not strong enough to hold its shape. I wrapped some twine around the vase and adhered everything down. To finish it off, I added a foiled sentiment.


Up next, the Small Die kit! Unfortunately this month I only had time for one card - and this won't feature everything you get in the kit. I only used one of the floral elements and the mini alpha dies to create this card.


I first built my background from paper scraps. Then I die cut all these flowers from white card stock and glued them down.


Next I die cut two oval shapes using the Nestabilities Fancy Edged Oval Etched Dies set (as I'm writing this, the set is actually 40% off!). I die cut the mini letters from various patterned papers to create this sweet, colorful sentiment. I adhered them to the white die cut label, added some foam tape and glued it all down on the patterned paper label which I previously adhered to my background. To finish off this card, I added some twine.


That's it for today guys! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe!

X