Sunday, July 31, 2016

Guest designer at Hip Kit Club yay!

Hi there scrappy friends,

Today I'm sharing my first projects I created with the oh-so-bright and colorful July kits as a guest designer for Hip Kit Club!

I have a weird process when it comes to my Hip Kits. Normally I always work on one project at a time but when I receive my Hip Kits, they are so full of goodies that I have no idea what to start with! Then I pick something, start working on and about half an hour in, another idea comes to my mind...then another...Not to forget them, I start working on those projects too. So I work on about 3 layouts at the same time!

For my first post I created two layouts and two cards.I started off with Kim's house cut file but this layout actually ended up being the 3rd I finished because it just didn't want to come together. I cut it from kraft card stock because I never use kraft and wanted to try something different. I backed the file with one of the exclusive papers that had different color rectangles on it. I actually spent hours on cutting the different color pieces and backing the houses only to realize that the whole thing is way too pastel for my taste! I can't handle pastel. There. I said it. I love my bright colors! So back to square one!
20160717_191101FINALbannerW852
20160717_191138FINALbanner
I cut the houses from white card stock this time and painted them with different Shimmerz paints from this month's and previous months' color kits. Then I sewed it onto another exclusive paper with the most amazing water color print on it! I raised the middle square (I modified the cut file to have a solid square in the middle, which you can't really tell from the photos), I layered several papers and Project Life cards in this square; some on pop dots, so that my photos stand out more.
20160717_191113FINALbanner
I also did some machine stitching there. Then added different embellies from the gorgeous ephemera pack and the Project Life chipboard stickers (which by the way I loved so much that I ordered all packs that were available at Scrapbook Werkstatt now ha!). I also used a Pinkfresh Studio stamp from my stash to add some black accents. For my title I used a die cut from the ephemera pack and those fabulous lime green alpha thickers (lime green is my favourite color so I was pretty happy when I saw them in the kits!).
20160717_191126FINALbanner
20160717_191150FINALbanner
For my smaller projects I decided to create some really quick cards that somehow match my layouts either in colors or topic.
20160716_105702FINALbannerW852
There were 3 houses in the ephemera pack so it was kind of the obvious choice to go with those for one of my cards ha! I used white card stock for the base, then glued a scrap piece of paper in the middle. I punched some circles for the background, did some machine stitching and added my houses. Some I put on pop dots because I don't like flat designs so much. For my sentiment I used another die cut from the ephemera pack (also popped up) and added 2 pieces of chip boards, et voila! Possibly the quickest card I have ever made!
20160716_105724FINALbanner
For the second layout I'm sharing today I welded a circle with the middle of Ashley's heart cut file (if that makes sense). If you know my work, you know how much I love circles...I then backed it with that beautiful water color paper I used as background for my houses too and then did a bit of machine stitching again. I put the sircle on pop dots so it stands out. I also wanted to use the chevron cut file from Ashley, but instead of cutting them as solid chevrons, I wanted only the outlines so I could back them with different papers.
20160717_160111FINALbannerW852
20160717_160133FINALbanner
Then I arranged them around my circle. Again, I layered some PL cards, papers and one of the Heidi Swapp frames behind my photo to give it a bit of height. For my title I chose a chipboard word from Bella Blvd, rubbed on some gelatos (I saw this technique done by Missy Whidden first and I can't stop using it, it's so pretty!). It didn't stand out from the background the way I wanted it so I doodled on it with a black pen.
20160717_160148FINALbanner
I normally go with a lot of embellishments on a layout but here I only used a chipboard sticker and a die cut from the ephemera pack. I'm actually only noticing this now that I'm looking at the photo, ha!
For my card going with this layout I used a white card stock base again. Then I adhered another piece of white card stock on it, which I previously sprayed with some Shimmerz from the June color kit.
20160717_160333FINALbannerW852
20160717_160339FINALbanner
20160717_160347FINALbanner
I then used the scrap pieces of chevrons I had left from my layout (see, not throwing away anything!), did some machine stitching and added my sentiment for which I used the exact same technique as for my layout! Another quick and easy card!
Hope you like what you see! Thank you for stopping by! XXX