Friday, December 30, 2016

Joy - DT layout for The Cut Shoppe

Hi there,

I'm back with you today with a new layout I made for The Cut Shoppe. It's hard for me to let go of Christmas just yet, so I have a Christmas layout for you :).

I used two cut files on my layout:



I chose a photo that is very poor quality, taken in the dark with flash, but the story was important to me so I wanted to scrap it. I took this when I took Maxim for a walk so Santa can bring presents while we are away :).

I wanted to work with the beautiful My Mind's Eye Comfort and Joy collection, mainly because I love the plaid papers and embellies! 

I really loved this note paper for background but I already cut both my cut files and they covered up the deer. So I decided to cut a part of the deer out with my Xcto knife and put the cut file behind it. I backed the Geo Globe cut file with patterned paper and adhered it to my background. The wreath I sewed on with black thread to give the circle more definition.


To add a bit of gold and some texture to my layout, I tucked some gold thread behind a couple of chipboard pieces. 


For my title I chose a chipboard sticker too, which fit my story perfectly. 


I layered some patterned papers and tissue paper behind my photo to give it a lift and also to help it stand out more. I stitched on a few cute chipboard buttons with gold embroidery floss.


I added my date on a tab I had left from an old Citrus Twist Kit. For my journaling I used a long tab sticker from the MME sticker sheet which I cut into two pieces and tucked under my photo.


I hope you like this layout as much as I do!

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day X