Monday, January 2, 2017

Gifts - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Happy New Year Fancy Pants friends!

I'm back today with a new layout using the awesome Joy Parade collection designed by Kim. This is such a fun and bright collection, perfect for documenting those special celebrations in your life. I chose some photos of my son unwrapping presents at his birthday party a few months back.


There's a pack of brag cards in this collection, with lots of journaling spots and phrases. I always love these but since I don't do PL I don't often use them. Or if I do, I do a grid layout for which I don't use an awful lot of them. On today's layout I challenged myself to use more on one page. I basically handled them like patterned papers and used them to back my cut files. 


This cut file is from The Cut Shoppe. I first backed the middle circles with the brag cards, then the stars. For these I used a mix of brag cards and 6x6 papers.


I used some foam to pop up all of my circles. I love dimensions on my pages!


Then I added different embellies to my circles: ephemera pieces, puffy stickers, a flair button and puffy alphas for my title. My absolute favourite pieces from this collection are the balloons in the ephermera pack. I just had to use a couple on this layout since it went with my birthday theme so well!


I added my journaling and the date in some journaling spots, so handy!


I encourage you to try and use your PL/brag cards even if you don't do Project Life. They are so fun and come in such gorgeous designs! Don't miss out!

Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon X