Monday, March 13, 2017

Forever - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there,
 
I am checking in today with a new layout I created for Fancy Pants Designs with the Sweet Nothings collection. It seems like I can't get enough of this line!

I've been having problems with my computer so I am often not able to use my Cameo exactly when I would need or want to. So I am now kind of forced out of my comfort zone to create layouts without cut files! On my last Fancy Pants project I used punched circles. Today I went more linear.
 
 
I wanted to focus on some papers I haven't used as a focal point on my previous projects so I chose the envelope paper and the plain yellow paper. Yellow. It had to be turned into sunshine right?! Actually the original idea was to have this background with My Ray of Sunshine for title and I wanted to use a different picture... But the alphas would have been too big for a long title like that and I am also missing several letters. Actually I was not able to come up with a title for my photo with the letters I have left :). With this picture I wanted to go with Silly Forever, using the Forever puffy sticker. But I have no Ys... Then I put Be U on top of the photo but it kind of got lost so I just went with the very original Forever for my title :).
 
 
I measured out my rays and cut them out. I wanted something more. So I took the black and white striped paper and layered it behind all the rays to create a barrier between the 2 patterned papers and add some interest. At this point my background looked more like a superhero themed thing than rays of sunshine but I like the way it turned out and it probably fits the photo I eventually chose better too. The black and white papers I adhered to the background with my ATG, the yellow I just stitched down in the middle with my sewing machine, so I could lift up the sides and give some dimension to my layout.
 
 
I then checked all embellishments from this line and took out everything that I thought would fit around my photo: puffy stickers, clips, ephemera pieces, tags and labels. I doodled around the tags so they stand out more from the background. I added some white tissue paper and foam adhesive behind my photo. I decided to keep the embellishments in this central area and let the background shine.
 

 
As a finishing touch I splattered some black ink around my page, added my journaling and date. I actually like how this turned out! I hope you do too and get inspired to get your scissors and papers out and start cutting!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
X