Tuesday, March 3, 2020

5th grade - DT layout for Alexandra Renke

Hey crafty peeps,

I'm sharing a new layout today that I've created for the Alexandra Renke Design Team!

I wanted to use some of the cute new papers from the "Lieblingstierchen" collection, but eventually only ended up using one of them:


I pulled my color combo from the fish paper - thankfully Alexandra has all those colors on several solids and patterned papers! Here's what I chose:
They go well with Maxim's pullover hehe!

Sooo, I die cut several circles from various papers. I cut larger ones for matting my photos. One of the striped circles I stamped and embossed using the following products:


For these tiny letters it's better to take super fine embossing powder (like the one I linked in), I actually used the regular because that's all I had. But as you see the details are not so clearly visible. Anyway, it doesn't bother me much, I still like the way it looks!


I arranged my circles on the background paper and once I settled on this arrangement, I adhered them down. I used foam adhesive for a few of them to add dimension.

I then fussy cut out five numbers from the following paper:
I added foam tape to them and glued them down too. I used some white puffy alphas to create my title. I wrote my journaling along one of the photos.


I stamped a few sentiments using roller stamps from my stash and popped these onto some of the circles. Last but not least, I splattered some black ink around my page:
Oh! Almost forgot about the enamel dots! These are from various brands and packages but did you see that Alexandra now has a lot of new Hero Arts enamel dots (same color in one pack in different hues)?! I need to get all of them haha! I can't help it. I'm a sucker for enamel dots!


Alright, that's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

X