Sunday, June 10, 2018

Card Inspiration: Spellbinders June Large Die of the Month

Hi crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by to share two projects, a layout and a card, that I've created with the gorgeous Spellbinders Large Die of the Month kit! 

In case you don't know, there are several monthly kits that one can subscribe to at Spellbinders:


You can also combine these and get them at a discounted price! You can read about this option HERE. All these kits are lovely every time but I especially love the Large Die of the Month kit! This month there are two floral dies included, and they are massive! They are so big that I decided to create a layout with them too! This kit is available between June 1-30, so don't hesitate long! I promise you'll love it!

I've had this photo on my desk for a couple of weeks but I've been sick, then struggling with tooth troubles, so I just haven't got around to scrap it. They say everything happens for a reason though, right?! I got these dies and guess what?! They look like the flowers on my leggings! It was meant to be! 


So I picked out a few patterned papers that matched the colors of my leggings. Then I die cut the flowers from white card stock, 2 of each design. First I wanted to cut these from all the different color papers and piece them back together, because I love that look, but that would have created a lot of waste! So I simply backed them instead, like I would with a cut file.


I knew I wanted to use two corner piece in the corners but I didn't have a plan for the rest. I played around with designs and eventually settled on layering the two die cuts behind my photo. I actually cut them apart and added them in layers, so more is visible!


I added some butterflies and flowers from a Cocoa Vanilla ephemera pack as well as some resin flowers, stickers, tags, frame and a rubber charm.


For my title I used my favorite chipboard alphas from Felicity Jane. It says Germanization because, well, I bought myself Birkenstock sandals, and you can't get any more German than that, can you?! Haha! I've refused to buy them for many years because I prefer pretty to casual. But since I've been struggling with back problems, I haven't been able to wear high heels and now it turns out flat shoes are even worse...Recently I've been told I'm supposed to wear sport shoes for the rest of my life...I can't even toy with that idea, so for now I went for Birkenstock sandals instead!

As for the card! It is a MONSTER! Haha! I haven't made such a large card yet but these dies are very big so I taught I'd make something a bit different! It ended up being 4.25x8.75", like I said, massive! Here I did the same thing as before. I die cut two corner pieces and backed them with different patterned papers. I used foam adhesive to attach them to the card base. But before I did this, I stamped my sentiment in the middle.


I didn't want to add much else, so the flowers can shine. A few black Nuvo Crystal drops and done!


I hope you like today's inspiration! Now I'm off to help my kiddo prepare for a bike test. Who knew those exist?!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a lovely Sunday!

X