Monday, June 11, 2018

You Are 4 - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi there lovelies,

I'm back today to share a new layout I created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team!

Paige has sooo many cut files that I get overwhelmed when it comes to picking out one for my next layout haha! There's so many I want to use, but I never find the time! I just can't seem to be able to catch up! Anyway... I love balloons so the Balloons cut file (Design ID: 257768) stood out for me, of course. I decided to go with the gorgeous Fancy Free collection to mix things up a little!


I enlarged the cut file so that it covered most of the page, then cropped it and cut it from textured white card stock. I backed the balloons with various patterned papers, making sure they are all colorful and happy! I then added hand stitching to them, mainly because at the time I was working on it, I was lacking mojo. When I don't feel like creating, I either fussy cut or hand stitch, because it's mindless work but at least I'm doing something!


Once done, I added foam adhesive to the balloons and adhered the cut file to the background paper. To make it a bit more interesting, I placed some buttons, layered stickers, die cuts and chipboards here and there. 


Next, I layered some tissue paper and tags behind my photo and glued it all down. I tucked in a few embellies as well and attached a chipboard piece and a sticker to the photo. 


Here's the thing. I had (and still have) so much of the Fancy Free collection, multiples of everything, like 6 packs of embellies etc. Serious FOMO! BUT, I've never been able to put my hands on the alpha thickers. This was the time when AC moved warehouses and there were huge delays in delivery and many items never made it to Europe. So long story short, I had to go with other thickers. :) I found the alphas from the Take Me Away collection quite fitting! I made sure I picked a mix of colors so the layout is more fun! I added my journaling and date, done!


I hope these happy colors bring a smile on your faces today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Till next time X

SUPPLIES: 
Fancy Free collection: Patterned papers, buttons, chipboards, die cuts, tags, layered stickers 
Take Me Away collection: alpha thickers