Friday, May 1, 2020

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - May 2020

Hi there crafty peeps,

It's that time again! The Spellbinders May Club Kits are here! I can't believe another month went by...For some weird reason I'm busier now during the quarantine than before hmmm. I hope you guys are doing well and hanging in there!

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

As always, I'm sharing projects with the Large and the Small Die Kits of the month. I'll start with the Large Die kit. As you see this is a layering die set - there are two-three layers to each element. Well except the big label, that is!



For my first card I die cut all my layers from different Alexandra Renke patterned papers, then layered them up and glued them together. I used a 5.5x4.25" top folding, white card base. I put adhesive on the frame, but only in the middle of each element, so I have a bit more dimension on the card. I then die cut the big label for the middle - this has holes around the edge, so I decided to add some hand stitching and a bow. The holes were big enough to use twine instead of embroidery floss.


To finish off this card, I added my sentiment and some gold crystals. The sentiment is from the Yana's sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die set. I love this set so much, I had to buy it, now that it's available here in Germany at Alexandra Renke! These are small sentiments that come with coordinating dies - love the font, love the whole idea. Make sure to foil tons of them at once and then you always have sentiments ready to go! I absolutely hate stamping sentiments on strips, I can't for the life of me stamp straight OR cut straight, none of my trimmers seem to cut straight seriously.  I have another sentiment set, the Everyday Sentiments II Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set, and a few weeks ago I foiled a loooot of these in various colors! Since then, I pretty much only add those sentiments to my cards haha! This second set is also available at Alexandra Renke. By the way, I used the Gold Glimmer Hot Foil Roll on these sentiments.


My second card is much simpler! I covered my 5.5x4.25" top folding card base in patterned paper. I then die cut a label from white card stock and again, I stitched around the edge with white twine. There's a smaller layering set in this die kit too, which is what I used here in the middle.


I again finished off the card with a gold foiled sentiment and some gold crystals.


Next up, the Small Die kit! This time you'll get a few different border dies that you can mix and match however you want to, to build your own unique patterns. There's also a large Thank You sentiment die.


There's a sample card design in the kit and I liked it so much, I lifted it for one of my cards.


This pretty lace pattern is created with 3 of the dies and then die cut twice, on both sides of the paper. It's really easy to line them up! Use washi tape on the back to hold them together! I only attached this panel to my card base in the middle so it looks light and airy, like lace. I added a strip of patterned paper in the middle, for interest.


To finish off this card, I added my sentiment on foam adhesive and some pearls too. By the way, this is the foiled sentiment I mentioned above! See, I'm not kidding, I use these on all my cards these days hahaha! Like any metallics, it's super hard to photograph from above as you see in my first picture :D.


For my next card I actually used the same set of dies, but this time I die cut this pattern from two different patterned papers and added them like I would add lace trimmings, if that makes sense! I only glued down the top bit to create some dimension.


I added some patterned paper at the top of my card base, then tied a twine bow above my lace borders. A gold foiled sentiment and pearls finish off this card as well!


So today I had really basic cards for you, but I hope I could still inspire you in some way!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have an awesome day!

X