Friday, April 24, 2020

Fun - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hi there friends,

I'm stopping by to share a new layout with you today that I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team with the Bloom Street collection!

Everybody has go to layouts, right? This is one of mine. I've been making these circle layouts for like 5 years and I never seem to get tired of them. I probably make one with every scrapbook collection I work with. I find it to be a great and easy way to add lots of colors and patterns to a page, much like the big title layouts which I also used to do a lot of but not as keen on lately.


This time I decided to add all the different papers a bit differently. Instead of cutting circles from various patterned papers, I now have multiple designs on each circle. To avoid a big mess though, I kept all the circles uniform.


I started out by cutting paper strips from different patterned papers. I glued these on a heavy weight card stock, then die cut circles from it. You could totally use your Cameo (or any other electric die cutting machine for that matter) for this but for me this was quicker since my manual die cutting machine and dies are right where I craft (my Cameo is not). Plus this way I had more control over which colors I had in my circles. 


I added some decorative stitching for more texture and interest (and also because I really don't trust any glue to keep things in place for good haha). I then decided on a background paper and adhered my circles to it as well as some photos, which I also cropped into circles. I kept embellishing to a minimum, only added a few puffy sticker hearts and words, plus a few sentiment stickers/die cuts. I used a stapler and some stitching to keep the puffy stickers in place (again, I don't trust glue LOL). To finish off my page, I wrote my journaling and stamped my date. 


That's it! Simple but fun. I think, anyway, ha! What is your go to design on your scrapbook pages? I'd love to hear it!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLIES: