Saturday, October 17, 2020

Geometric Heart cards - DT project for Paige Evans

Hi there friends,

I'm stopping by today to share my latest projects I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team. This time I've made a couple of cards with the Go the Scenic Route collection as well as some other lovely products from Paige & WeR Memory Keepers. 

Have you seen her die set and her embossing folders?! My card making loving heart got super excited when I discovered these products from WeR Memory Keepers, so obviously I had to have them! They are all soooo Paige, I think!


These are really simple cards, that you can create quite fast. I started out by die cutting 6 hearts from white card stock - 3 for each card. I then layered them up to get a nice dimensional piece.


I chose various patterned papers so I could fill the hearts with rainbow colors. I then die cut those pieces too. I then adhered the white hearts onto a piece of heavy weight card stock and fussy cut them out. I added the colorful pieces back in place.


Then I created the card bases. I used a floral paper from the 6x8 paper pad for my background on one of the cards and a ledger paper on the other. I also embossed a white panel, added foam tape to it and adhered it to the ledger paper background. 


I added some foam tape (or rather craft foam - I like to use foam sheets for big areas and shapes) to my hearts and glued them in place.


I then embellished the cards - I actually kept embellishing to a minimum because I didn't want to cover up all the colors. I used a couple of butterflies that I fussy cut out from a patterned paper on this card as well as a sticker for sentiment. On the other card I added a few flowers - I decided to add flowers in the colors that were in the heart beneath them, so that I wouldn't lose the rainbow, if that makes sense?!


To finish off the cards, I added some enamel dots and twine. That's it! Easy peasy right?


I've also filmed my process, for the first time ever. I've been getting requests for years but I just was not up for it, mainly because technology is my worst enemy. Also, because I'm not a performer. I freeze. Stage fright, whatnot. So this video will be far from great, but I hope I'll get better with practice. I won't promise I'll have a video for all my projects, because I don't think I could keep up. Now with corona, my boyfriend works from home, so he is literally around all the time and I just can't speak to myself when anyone is at home. It's the weirdest feeling! So I have to wait for him to go grocery shopping haha!

Anyway, watch it if you want to see how I made these - you can totally turn off the sound, I won't be offended :).


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

X

SUPPLY LIST: