Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Explore - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there crafty friends,
 
Zsoka here with you today with a new layout. I chose the Sunburst Background 2 cut file for this, I just love it!
 
https://justnick.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/sunburst-background-2
 
 
I'm not sure if you can tell, but I modified the cut file a little bit. When you blow it up as big as I did, the outlines will be much thicker. I wanted them thinner so more patterned paper shows through once I back the rays. I released the compound path, deleted the original outline, made the circle thinner, then I made a compound path on the two circles. I moved the circle out of the way and added outlines to the rays, made compound path and moved them into the circle so that the rounded ends disappeared. As a last step I welded the circles and the rays together. I hope it makes sense?
 
 
A while back I received the Simple Stories Summer Days collection kit from the awesome SCT magazine and haven't had the chance to use it yet. So I decided to use it for this layout. I also used bits and pieces from Freckled Fawn (like that awesome acrylic word, the flip flops and wood veneer) and the wood grain paper is from Jen Hadfield I believe.
 
First I printed my photo in a big size and glued the cut file on top. Then I backed the rays with different patterned papers, but only glued them down where they touch the circle. This way the white card stock can be lifted up a bit to create a nice dimension.

 
I used the acrylic word for my title and created a little cluster at the bottom of the page with it. I really like the look of this.

 
I didn't feel like this page needed a lot of embellishments. I just added a few bradz, wood veneers and some cloud stickers. Oh and a mini clothespin I got at Michaels!


 
I hope you like how this one turned out! Thanks for stopping by! Till next time,
X