Friday, January 11, 2019

More Indigo Hills 2 card ideas - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello lovely friends,

I'm back today with some new cards I've created for Pinkfresh Studio! Since the new release is not yet here (almost guys almost! Only a few more sleeps woot woot!) I pulled out some older stamps and dies for todays's post. I paired them with my favorite Indigo Hills 2 collection!

All my cards are mounted onto A2 size top folding card bases. For my first one I used the Geo Star 1 and the Geo Star 2 cover plates to die cut a panel. I then trimmed this panel down - I will be honest, this card was another accident: I messed up the purple paper when I die cut it, but I didn't want to throw it away, thinking I could at least use a part of it. So I trimmed down both panels, layered them up and glued them together.


Gosh, this card took me ages haha! I tried so many different ideas but didn't like any of them. So I went to bed, which I hardly ever do because I hate unfinished projects. But I had to sleep on it. And I'm glad I did! I ended up adding a wide strip of gray patterned paper at the bottom. Then I cut apart a scalloped die cut frame from the ephemera pack and tucked a piece under the Geo Star panel at the top as well as the bottom and adhered everything to the card front.


I backed one of the chipboard frames with a yellow-green card stock I found matched some of the colors in the collection - but not before I embossed my sentiment on it! For this I used the My favorite things to say stamp set. Boy do I wish I had more stamp sets like this! It's so much easier to grab this set than going through my stash looking for sentiments! So dear Pinkfresh Studio, pretty please, I need a Thank you/Gratitude set, a birthday set, a Christmas set and I have to think about more. Also, please use the same cool mixed fonts, these are the ones I use the most! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SET!

Anywho...I fussy cut some flowers from the Glen paper and glued them onto my chipboard frame. Last but not least I placed some enamel dots here and there.


Next up is a card duo - because once I cut a 4.25x5.5" patterned paper in half (well sort of), I can't only use one part of it! This is when 2 for 1 cards happen! Alright, I grabbed the Love with botanicals die set from a previous release and die cut Love from the Ridge paper, once from the pink side, once from the blue side. I also die cut all the greenery from the Valley paper. From the same paper I cut a couple of thin strips too which I glued between the white and the floral patterned papers. I like an accent like this!


I die cut Love from a white heavy weight card stock too and glued the patterned paper die cuts on top. I wanted to use foam tape to pop up the sentiment and I thought it would be sturdier this way. 


Once I figured out where I wanted the sentiments, I glued them down. On the blue one I stamped a sentiment below Love too - of course I stamped this first before attaching the big letters.


To finish off these cards I added some enamel dots. More often than not I feel like my cards are so "naked" without these dots, if that makes sense!


On my last card I used the Meadow paper to cover my card base and the super pretty Floral Frame with a Swan die to create my focal point. I die cut this from the Valley paper (6x6 size), then to add some more color, I die cut a bunch of flowers from the colorful parts of the Valley paper. After die cutting them, I fussy cut them out (the flowers are attached to the frame) - this is very easy to do, you just have to clip them between the petals. I stamped a sentiment - again, I used the My favorite things to say stamp set.


I glued down these extra flowers onto the frame and fluffed up each petal for dimension. I guess you can't really tell, but all but two flowers have two layers. I didn't have enough paper left for an additional peach and a yellow flower, but I think it looks alright this way too.


Again, enamel dots haha! Can't miss them. I just didn't feel like my card was finished...So I looked through the embellishments in the Indigo Hills 2 collection and settled on adding this navy chipboard frame on top of the flowers. I kinda like how that looks!


What do you guys think? I hope you like how these cards turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

X