Thursday, January 3, 2019

Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Club Kit January 2019

Hey there crafty friends,

First of all, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a peaceful holiday filled with love and laughter! As all of you, I also had a busy past few weeks, full of crafting, travelling, seeing family! As you read this, I will be in Iceland with my boys (hopefully!). Then hopefully after the 11th, things will slow down a little because it's been crazy here. I didn't even have time to work on my December Daily, which I'm really sad about, but I hope I will finish it at some point!

Anyway, since we started a new month, there are also new kits available at Spellbinders! This time I  had the honor to work with the Large Die of the Month kit! It's so pretty and perfect for Valentine's Day which is just around the corner!

Unfortunately I've only managed to make two cards because of the holidays, but I hope these give you an idea about the kit anyway!


Both of my cards are mounted on an A2 size top folding card base. I cut a 4.25x5.5" piece of patterned paper for card front on my first card. I then die cut the bigger heart from an ombre pink patterned paper and glued it on my card front. I die cut Cherish and the wrapping paper that holds the bouquet of flowers from the same patterned paper. I then die cut a whole lot of little flowers from different color patterned papers. There's two different little flowers in the kit! I also die cut a few stems from a light green patterned paper. 


I glued the blooms on the stems and the wrapping paper on the heart. I also die cut a tiny bow which I attached to the wrapping paper. Then I started adding the flowers inside my wrapping paper, gluing them down as I went. Last but not least I added some white Nuvo drops to the card front. And then I accidentally dropped a napkin on my card :(. A lot of the Nuvo Drops got smudged, I was so mad at myself! I tried to clean up the paper as much as possible, but it looks like a mess in person...So I replaced the previous Nuvo Drops but they didn't form nicely this time on the rough surface. You can see the four large, ugly blobs on the top right part of the card. Oh well!


For my second card I created a shaker heart. First I cut a 4.25x5.5" piece from a pink patterned paper, then die cut the smaller heart out of it. I also die cut the same heart from white card stock, which I glued back in place on my card front. Then I lined up the two heart dies and die cut the heart once from patterned paper and 7 or so times from heavy weight white card stock. I glued these together to create a dimensional element. 


I adhered some of the colorful little flowers I had die cut for my other card in the heart. I added some pink beads too (I probably could have done with less haha!). I adhered the heart to the card front. I die cut Cherish and the bow from white glitter card stock and glued them in place. To finish off this card, I added some white Nuvo drops again. Et voila!


I hope you like how these cards turned out and will give these pretty dies a try!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have an amazing day!

X