Friday, January 25, 2019

Up to no good - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello crafty friends,

I'm stopping by today to share a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team!

A couple of months ago I fussy cut all papers from the Whimsical collection that could be fussy cut, and Paper 13 with all these cute frames was one of them. I generally don't like linear layouts but I do make a couple of grid layouts every year anyway. 

I wanted to create a boy(ish) page for today's post, so I didn't use the pink frames, only the greens, yellows, blues and purples.


I glued down all my chosen squares at a different angle, so they don't look so uniform. I printed 4 tiny photos of my kiddo clowning around in Disneyland. To some of them I added another frame, I found one in the chipboard pack, one in the sticker pack, and the third one I fussy cut from one of the  patterned paper frames I had left. I also fussy cut the frame for the square I used for my title and popped it up for some dimension. 


Then I went through all the embellishments in the Whimsical collection and picked out the ones that I thought could work. I made it my mission not to use flowers on this layout haha! It's difficult when there are so many gorgeous flowers in the collection! Obviously some of the squares do have floral images but that's OK. I just didn't want to add any other floral embellishments.


I tried to find something to decorate most frames with, let it be chipboard stickers, card stock stickers, enamel shapes or puffy stickers. I love the mix of textures all these embellishments add to my page.


I cut a piece of white card stock for my journaling and glued it on top of one of the squares. I stamped my date and added some rose gold ink splatters and done!


That's it for today! Hope you like this layout even though it's not pink, nor does it have lots of flowers hehe!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a lovely day!

X

SUPPLY LIST: