Wednesday, March 13, 2019

All the blues - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi there lovelies,

I'm stopping by to share my latest cards for Pinkfresh Studio.

If you've been following me for awhile, you might know that blue is one of my most favorite colors. And since there's plenty of blue in the new scrapbook collections, I decided to create blue cards for today's post. Well, blue and white more specifically because I chose all kinds of folksy dies to work with and blue and white designs often remind me of folklore. 


All my cards in this post are A2 size and top folding (landscape). On my first card duo I used the beautiful Spring Floral and everyone's favorite Adore alpha die sets (you can also find the coordinating Adore alpha stamp set in the shop). I cut two 5.50x4.25" panels from the Big Ideas patterned paper (Joyful Day collection), one is from the 12x12" paper, the other is from the 6x6" paper pad. You can see the difference in the scale of the pattern. I die cut HUGS from the Fresh Start paper and from white card stock, then combined the two to make two blue-white sentiments. For the card on the left I did some partial cutting from white card stock, then glued the cut out on my blue background. I stamped and white embossed a sentiment from the Scripted Bold Sentiments 1 stamp set onto a thin blue strip of paper. I added HUGS using foam dots. To finish off this card, I placed a few crystals here and there.


For my next card I die cut Spring Floral twice and glued them down in the middle of my card. I added a thin strip of Fresh Start paper in the middle then glued down my letters on top, using foam adhesive. Again, a few crystals finish off this card.


Next up two simple cards. For these I used the Folk Elements dies! These tiny elements are just the cutest! I added a light-blue and a navy card stock panel to my card bases. I die cut the 3 little pieces from the light-blue paper, then also from white card stock and the Fresh Start patterned papers then pieced them back together. 


I stamped and embossed the sentiment, which is from the Scripted Bold sentiments 2 stamp set. I added some white paint drops and lace trim, done.  



I die cut 3 flowers from the navy panel and also from white card stock, then puzzled the pieces back together. Using the Oval Foliage die, I die cut an oval shape in the middle of the panel, then glued it all down onto my card base. I drew around all leaves with a white gel pen so that they stand out. I die cut 4 more flowers from the Folk Elements set and adhered them down in each corner. I stamped my sentiment (from the Scripted Bold sentiments 2 stamp set) in blue and popped it up on the card with pop dots. White paint drops finish off this card. I just love white against a navy background!


That's it for today. I hope I could inspire you in some small way!
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!
X