Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Floral Frame - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hey there lovelies,

I'm stopping by to share a bonus layout I've made for the Paige Evans Design Team! Bonus because in the meantime I received the Horizon collection and of course I HAD TO dive into it right away...But I already had this blog post done, so there you go hehe!

For today's page I chose the gorgeous Floral Frame cut file (Design ID: 287518) and the Whimsical collection. One of the things I love about Paige's collections is that you can create so many different color combos with them! You can go monochromatic, you can go with the full rainbow or just pick a couple of colors - which is what I did here. I went with oranges, pinks and light blue.


Accidentally the colors of my photo actually totally fit haha! The quality of the photo is horrible, it was taken with my very first digital camera, a 4MP Olympus Mju which I bought because it came in pretty colors hahaha! I still have it! And then my big printer's colors are terrible too, even though I use the original cartridges with the most expensive Canon paper. Can't stand it. Anywho, long story short, I will scrap bad quality photos too if they are the only ones I have of certain memories. And this one here was taken on one of our favorite holidays back in the day!


I cut the cut file from white card stock and backed some of the flowers with different patterned papers. I added the photo in the middle and stitched around the circle to make sure it stays in place. I don't trust any glue on glossy things! I then added foam tape to the back of the cut file and adhered it to my background paper.


To add more interest to my page, I layered some die cut and chipboard flowers here and there. A couple of sentiment strips, a butterfly, my title and date finish off this page. 


I hope I could inspire you in some small way!
Thank you for stopping by!
Have an awesome day!

X

SUPPLY LIST: