Friday, August 9, 2019

Happy - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello crafty friends,

I'm stopping by today with a new layout I've made for the Paige Evans Design Team. Still on my quest of finding new color combos in the awesome Horizon collection, I've come up with this yellow-blue-green combo! It's perfect for boys!


I really wanted to use the frames from one of the patterned papers because they are absolutely gorgeous, I love the colors, the watercolor effect, the super fun definitions! Plus the colors I chose had the perfect theme for my photo! So I definitely wanted those to be visible! Keeping that in mind I started playing with arrangements - I'm not a fan of lineal things so a plain old grid just didn't cut it. I prefer a scattered, random but still organized look - if that makes ANY sense at all lol!


Once I kind of knew what I wanted, I started working on my background. Lately I've been making lots of cards using paper strips and I absolutely love them. I used to draw inspiration from my layouts to create cards, now it was the other way around! I love the color of the dark green paper but I found it too dark for a full background, so I just used it for the middle section of my page and I cut strips from other papers for both sides.


Then I glued down the frames and my photo in the middle and started embellishing. I pulled everything travel related I could find (chipboards, stickers, tags, clips, die cuts, charms) but it wasn't enough, so I just went with colors. As in, I totally used embellies that make no sense (flowers and leaves?!) thematically, but I am not bothered by it. As long as the colors match, I'm OK. I also added some buttons from my stash that are not by Pink Paislee, but I just recently got them and the colors were perfect, ha!


To finish off my page, I added a chipboard title and my journaling! That's it!
I hope you are inspired to try different color combos - big collections like Paige's are perfect for coming up with various, maybe a bit unusual combos! Don't be afraid to give it a try, what's the worst that can happen?!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely day!

X

SUPPLY LIST: