Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Guesting on the Altenew card blog

Hey lovelies,

I'm so excited and honored to be guesting on the Altenew card blog today!

Since it's September, I thought I'd create a few Fall/Thanksgiving themed cards for today's post!

My first duo features watercoloring which I hardly ever do, but the Weekend Doodles stamp and coordinating die set is one of my absolute favorite Altenew sets of late.


I stamped the images on watercolor paper and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder. I then colored them in loosely. For my first card I added some kraft card stock to my A2 size, top folding card base. I embossed my sentiment in white, then splattered white ink all over. I glued two flower die cuts in opposite corners, added some twine and done! Super easy!


I stamped some kraft card stock with the Rustic Linen background stamp and embossed it with white embossing powder. I trimmed it down and attached it to the white card base. I stamped the sentiment in brown. Next, I die cut a T from white card stock, using the Mega Alphabet T die. I kind of wrapped the flower around the T, glued them together, added some foam adhesive to the back and attached it to my card. Some twine finishes off this card too.


Next up a duo with the amazing Sunflower Daisy stamp and coordinating die set. I mean, just how realistic do those flowers look?! So much depth and dimension!


I started by stamping some flowers on white card stock. I had to create masks so they could be stamped behind each other. I then decided to stamp and die cut single flowers too so I could add some dimension to my card. But first, I dry embossed the stamped panel for additional interest. I glued down the die cut leaves, then started adding the flowers with foam adhesive. I also tuck some gold thread behind one of them. Once done, I splattered gold ink all over the card front. I added a gold embossed sentiment and some twine to finish it off.


I'm not a technique oriented card maker but I do love the following technique, I think someone told me it was called Eclipse? Anyway, I stamped my design on white card stock, then die cut FALL out of the panel, using the Caps Bold Alphabet die set. I also die cute FALL from orange card stock 5 times. I glued the layers together with the stamped image on top. In the meantime, I ran the background panel through my die cutting machine with the Cross Stitch Canvas die on top. This is one of my favorite Altenew dies, it instantly gives so much texture and interest to a card, it's absolutely stunning over stamped images! I adhered this panel to my card base, then glued down the letters too. I added gold splatters. Then using a sentiment from the Bountiful Branch stamp set (I actually cut apart Season's Greetings for this one) I gold heat embossed Greetings on a vellum strip, which I wrapped around my card. To finish off this card, I added twine an orange button at the top.


And so we've arrived to my last duo for today! For the card on the left, I stamped a background with the A Walk in the Woods stamp set - I stamped it twice, in 2 different inks, turning the stamp 180 degrees between the two layers. I then die cut a circle out of the middle with the circle die from the Welcome Home die set. The fall-out piece I used on my second card. I gold heat embossed a sentiment (from the Bold Bunch stamp set) on white card stock, I adhered it to my card base, then glued the stamped piece on top.



I used the Frilly Frame die to die cut a frame for the white circle. I stamped lots of sweet little flowers with the Painted Flowers stamp set and fussy cut all of them (I didn't realize there's a coordinating die set so I don't have it - this would come in handy if you have so many flowers!). I layered them over the die cut frame at the bottom and glued them down using liquid glue as well as foam tape, to add dimension. As a finishing touch I added gold ink splatter, some shabby ribbon and a button.


For my last card, I die cut a panel from kraft card stock using the Cozy Flannel cover die and glued it on my white card base. I die cut another frame with the Frilly Frame die and attached it to the fall-out piece I had left from my previous card. I stamped the sentiment in black ink (from the Sunflower Daisy stamp set). I added foam tape to the back and adhered it down on the card base. As before, I layered some flowers around the frame, added gold splatters and some twine.


That's it! It was so fun mixing and matching new and old products on these cards! I hope I could inspire you to dig into your stash and start creating! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today! And thank you Altenew for having me!

Happy crafting!

X