Wednesday, December 4, 2019

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - December

Hi there crafty peeps,

I'm quickly checking in, to share my projects with the awesome Spellbinders December Small and Large Die kits! I've combined the two on my card duo, because the Small Die kit is a bunch of great sentiments. I'll get to them in just a second!

But first, as a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

This is what you get in the Large Die kit this month:


These layering border dies are very versatile, you can use each layer separately, you can create a standalone die cut or one that's part of the background...so many choices!

Then there's the Small Die kit, which like I mentioned above, contains a lot of sentiments this month:


So, my cards! I've used patterned papers from the Felicity Jane Rebekah kit. For both these cards I only used two of the possible layers of die cuts.


On the one on the left, for the bottom layer I used a die at the bottom of the paper but not at the top, so I have a wide strip left above it, if that makes sense! On the other card however, I completely die cut the shape. I also die cut the top of the border from the pink paper I used in the background, so I could inlay the floral border perfectly.


For my sentiments I've used some of the dies from the Small Die kit. I cute the words from patterned paper, then 3-4 times from white card stock too, and layered them up for a dimensional element. To finish off the cards, I added some enamel dots/sequins and twine.


That's it! I hope you like today's projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

X