Monday, June 29, 2020

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Glimmer Backgrounds - Hand Drawn Wave Glimmer Hot Foil Plate

Hello there,

I'm stopping by real quick to share a card I've made with the beautiful Spellbinders Hand Drawn Wave Glimmer Hot Foil Plate

Do you guys have a Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System yet?! If not, you might want to reconsider hehe! Here in Germany, you can buy it at Alexandra Renke, as well as plenty of accessories like the foil rolls in several colors, and various plates.

Spellbinders added a few background plates to their collection recently and today I'm showing you one of them!


The plate is wide enough for you to create A2 size cards in landscape orientation but I decided to go with portrait, so after foiling my panels (2 of them), I just trimmed off the sides.

I went with some mauve kind of colored patterned papers from Alexandra Renke, because I thought they'd be beautiful with the Gold Glimmer Hot Foil roll I wanted to use.

Once I'd foiled the panels and trimmed them down to 4.25" wide, I fussy cut out the waves so I could layer them up on my card front.


I adhered a floral paper to my card base, then I added a piece of mauve colored grid paper at the bottom. I first glued down the darker foiled panel, then attached the lighter one too. For my sentiment I used the Everyday Sentiments II Glimmer Hot Foil Plates with gold foil. I love foiling lots of  sentiments at once so I always have sentiments in various colors ready to go and don't have to spend time on this when I'm working on my cards. I added foam adhesive to the sentiment and adhered it to my card.


To finish it off, I placed a few enamel dots in matching colors around my sentiment and added a twine bow at the top. That's it! Super simple, but I think the foil adds interest and texture to it, just a little something something!

Believe me, once you try the Glimmer Hot Foil System, you'll want to foil things in EVERY possible color haha! Oh oh! I almost forgot! There's a new foil too! And it's rainbow oh my goodness! Have you seen it?! You can find it HERE. It sells out fast each time, so don't think about it twice! I did try this foil with the same background and it looks fabulous - I just didn't have time to finish the card yet. I also foiled sentiments with it, even my boyfriend said they were super cool (and he couldn't care less about crafty things haha!).

Anyway, that's it for today! Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a fabulous day!

X