Thursday, June 18, 2020

But first coffee - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team! 

While I had the Horizon collection out last time, I decided to create another layout with it! I had had this photo on my desk since last summer but never really found a collection that worked with the colors. Enter all the blues and yellows in Horizon and we have a perfect match ha!


I can't drink coffee anymore but last summer I could still enjoy a couple of espressos a day! I loved sitting on the balcony with a cup of foamy goodness after Maxim left for school in the morning! Over the years I got used to craft at night so I often sleep very little and espresso helped me wake up and make myself useful :D.

I picked out my cut file first, totally random, nothing to do with the layout, but I really don't mind using flowers on everything...This one is one of the newer ones, Flowers (Design ID: 321569) and it's so pretty!


I then selected all the blue and yellow papers and went through the embellishments too. Luckily there were plenty of things to choose from! I backed the cut file then glued it down on my background paper. 

I added my photo then started embellishing my page. I tucked some tags and labels behind my photo. I created the date label from patterned paper and white card stock. I like when my labels match the rest of the papers! I added sentiment stickers, die cut flowers and chipboard stickers. 


For my title (very original, isn't it?! But so true, so too bad :D) I used the navy mini alpha thickers from the Pick Me Up collection. To finish off my page I added my journaling and a few enamel dots.


That's all! Do you guys prefer limited color palettes like I used here or are more into colorful layouts? I love them all the same! I also love monochromatic!

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLIES:
Pick Me up collection: Mini foam alpha thickers