Thursday, June 3, 2021

Happy - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hi there crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by to share my latest project I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team, using the gorgeous Wonders collection.

I think I've mentioned this before; when I first receive a new collection, I almost always fussy cut some papers first, while I familiarize myself with the whole collection. So, this floral/mandala paper was actually the first thing I cut apart, but I only now got to use it on a layout!


Since these flowers, or mandalas, however you want to call them, come in a rainbow of colors, I wanted to create a rainbow layout. I decided to go with the rainbow stripe paper for background and arranged the flowers in tone-on-tone kind of way - as much as I could. They are quite large so sometimes I have some other colored stripes in the background too, but this doesn't bother me.


Once I decided on the arrangement, I started gluing down the flowers. For a few of them I used foam tape, just to give them a more dimensional look. 

I layered some tissue paper behind my photo and adhered it to the background. I tucked a pink label in at the top right, which was intended for my date - however, I simply didn't find this photo anywhere, and I don't even have a clue how old my child was here. So sad. If at least I could guess the year!


Then I looked for tone on tone embellishments - mostly sentiment stickers - and added these to the flowers. My title is a chipboard piece. I really wanted to use one of the adorable lollies and the blue one fit perfectly in the middle of the blue flower! I really don't care that this is a boy page haha!


To finish off the page, I added a few chipboard dots and my journaling.

That's it! I hope I could inspire you with today's page in some way!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLY LIST: