Tuesday, February 22, 2022

School's Out For Summer - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hello crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by to share a new layout with you today, that I made for the Paige Evans Design Team, using the older Whimsical collection. 

I chose the Diagonal Stripes Background cut file (Design ID: 219450). In Silhouette Studio I deleted some parts of the cut file, where I was planning to add my 3 photos and title, then I sent the design through my Cameo. Also in Studio, I colored all the pieces to see how the pattern I imagined would look like and once I was happy with the design, I grouped the colors together and cut them out of various patterned papers, to create a rainbow color scheme. 


I then backed each colorful paper with the white fall out pieces that I had left from the cut file. I originally wanted to add foam tape to all these shapes, but then I liked the way it looked without. I added a dab of glue in the middle of the shapes and bent up their ends to create dimension.


I went through all the embellishments in the Whimsical collection and pulled out all, that had some kind of relation to school or happiness. I adhered these down in the middle of some of the squares, using foam tape.


I glued down my title in one of the empty spots. I added some colorful rub-ons to all of my photos. I love the rub-ons in the collection, they are just so perfect after all these years too! I'd love rub-ons in every collection, ha!


I stamped my date onto a card stock sticker strip and attached it to one of the photos. I didn't write journaling because I think the pictures speak for themselves :)


That's it for today guys! I hope I could inspire you in one way or another.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have an amazing day!

X