Monday, June 12, 2017

Fun trip - DT layout for The Cut Shoppe

Hey there scrappy friends,

Here I am with my last before one layout for The Cut Shoppe!

As I was browsing through my cut files, I realized I still haven't used the Hul-La-Ba-Zoo cut file even though I've been wanting to for ages.

While on Spring Break in April, we went on a Safari in Italy and we took many photos of all the different animals. For whatever reason I didn't take more than 2 photos of my favourite giraffes! Either way, I decided to use the giraffe cut file to go with my giraffe pictures and document this memory.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/468665995/the-hul-la-ba-zoo-cut-file-set-includes?ref=shop_home_active_41

I chose the wonderful Crate Paper Oasis collection which reminded me of Safaris, trips and getaways. Then I cut two giraffes in two different sizes (one image I mirrored so they are facing each other) then backed them with two patterned papers from the collection.


For my background I picked a wood grain paper and I used a very limited color palette, which I find matches the Safari theme. I used embellishments from the Oasis collection: die cuts, chipboard stickers, a chipboard frame and stickers as well as some wood veneers and plain chipboards from other manufacturers.
 


I created two clusters with tropical leaves, most of these came from the ephemera pack, some I fussy cut from a patterned paper. I also added some chipboard leaves for additional dimension. 


For my title I used the gold phrase stickers from the Oasis collection. I just love the font!



I hope you like how this layout turned out! I will be honest, I promised myself earlier to never use another animal cut file on a layout (long story!) but with these pictures this file was kind of the obvious choice right?! :)

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you will check my last post for The Cut Shoppe in two weeks, which will only be posted on my blog!

Have a great day X