Saturday, October 14, 2017

History - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there scrappy friends,

This week the Just Nick DT is delivering fall themed inspirations to you. 

My contribution is a layout for which I used one of my favorite Just Nick cut files (one that I used many times before), the Leaf Cluster. So gorgeous, am I right?!


I paired this awesome cut file with my favorite fall collection of all time, Golden Days by Fancy Pants. It's a collection from 2016 and I am so glad I bought loads of extras because really there's nothing prettier in my opinion! The colors and patterns are beautiful and the combination of colors is just so unique. I love everything non-traditional!


First, I arranged the cut file in the Studio program like I wanted; one bigger one in the top left and a smaller one in the right bottom corner. I then cropped these and cut them from white card stock.

Next up, backing the cuts with patterned papers. I'll be honest, I had a hard time choosing papers because I wanted to use all papers, each side! It pretty much never happens that I like every single paper in a collection but these are so gorgeous, all of them! 


Once done, I glued down the top one and added foam adhesive to the bottom one so I could tuck my photo behind it a little. By the way, my photo was totally not taken in the fall, it is from July this year. We took a day trip to the amazing Oak Tree Plantation not so far from New Orleans. I have all these photos of the gorgeous oak trees and I thought they fit fall colors and collections better. I have already scrapped a couple with the Creekside collection from 1Canoe2.


For my title I chose History, because the plantation has so much history! We took a guided tour around the main house and had such an awesome time. Our guide was a local girl, all dressed up in a costume and she shared everything there is to know about the owners and life at the plantation. It was all so interesting, Maxim didn't complain for a second that he is bored. He even asked questions from our guide. Also, on a totally unrelated note, I love love love the Southern accent, it's so charming!



I wrote my journaling on a tag that I tucked behind the photo. I added a gold leaf clip, a gold acetate word and a flair button. This one I am particularly happy about because I never in my life thought I would be able to use a USA map button ha! It was a part of a set I bought from the lovely Shelley at A flair for buttons ages ago. Which reminds me I am running low on flair buttons...


I stamped the date on a label and attached this below the photo. I tucked in a couple of die cuts under my photo and glued some on top of it. 

I added some gold ink splatters and done!

I hope you'll be inspired to create fall layouts now! |Go get crafty!
Thanks for stopping by!

X