Saturday, December 23, 2017

Exploding Box mini album with pockets and lid - DT project for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi there friends,

I'm back today with a fun new mini that I created with Paige's new exploding box mini album cut file (Silhouette Store ID: #238987). I've wanted to make an exploding box for ages so I'm happy Paige created a cut file for it!

This summer my mom celebrated her 70th birthday with a surprise party and I realized I have not scrapped a single photo from the event! So I thought this would be the perfect present for her for Christmas. So dad if you are reading this, please do NOT tell mom about it, thank you :).

Here's the finished box!


If you remove the lid, this is what you see (please ignore the fact that in most photos the WONDERFUL chipboard piece is missing - I added this later and since then we haven't had proper daylight! Just grey skies...)



It's really very simple! You basically cut 3 of the same cut files in different sizes (all 3 included in Paige's cut file), glue them together and decorate! What I really like about this cut file is that it has these pockets where you can put photos, journaling, anything you want! I didn't adhere any photos, because I had 33, so I created some pockets for them and they are all stashed away. If you don't want the pocket option, you just need to cut off the flap!


I used 3 different patterned papers from the Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the page collection for the base of my album. 


I used all kinds of embellies to decorate my pages: chipboard, clips, die cuts, twine, charms, ribbons...

Below is my most fave part of this mini! I added a shaker pocket and two adorable heart charms to this page. 


I adhered the pink ribbon to a few of my pockets, just to add something a little extra. I love how they look!

Check out all the detail shots below and if you have questions, just shoot!







I hope you give this album a try! It's really fun and comes together rather quickly! Perfect for your loved ones!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Till next time X