Friday, December 22, 2017

DT layout for Just Nick

Hi guys,

I'm back today with the last layout I'm sharing for Just Nick this year!

I've used the wonderful Leaf Cluster 3 cut file.



This photo must have been on my desk for 2 years, I just never got to it. Total coincidence that the collection I chose went with the colors in the photo! I'm always happy when I can use a color photo - I mostly don't bother because black and white photos go with any collection so don't require planning. I am really not big on planning out designs ahead!

I went with one of my all time favorite Christmas collections, Christmas on Market Street from My Mind's Eye. I'm so sad that I hardly have any left! I used up most this holiday season.

I cut the leaf cluster 4 times from white card stock, then I spent some time on backing these with a variety of papers. I made sure I have solid reds and greens (well, polka dots are solids right?!) as well as patterned papers.


There's a gorgeous gold foiled poinsettia paper in the collection - I fussy cut out a lot of the flowers and floral pieces to tuck them behind my cut files and scatter some smaller ones around my page.


I've arranged the 4 cut files into the four corners, and once I liked how they looked, I started to glue things down. I also added the photo and my title in the middle.


I then added those fussy cut pieces, some embellishments like flair, stickers, chipboards and a few cute buttons (which I believe are from Crate Paper). 



I love how this one turned out. It's funny how much I dislike red, the red and green combo in general, and yet, this holiday season this has been my most favorite combo to work with ha! There's just something so festive about these colors! I would never use them during the year though!

I hope you like the layout too and are inspired to create something!

I wish you and your loved ones a magical holiday season!

Thanks for stopping by today!

X