Sunday, December 3, 2017

Winter Wonderland - #moodboardgirls

Hey there scrappy friends,


December! I know I say this every month, but seriously, where did time go?!

We are back today with a new mood board and lots of inspiration! And a very special guest!!! But first things first!

Our gorgeous, festive December mood board was created by Julia. I love how she incorporated traditional as well as non-traditional elements, and the result is still harmonious and inspiring! I hope you guys agree and get crafty! Please check out all the inspiration we have for you this month!

Here's our mood board:


And here's my layout inspired by this mood board! It turned out to be one of my favorite layouts ever. I hope you like it too!


You probably can tell which photo inspired me to create this one ha! I thought I'd create a chalk art kind of look on my layouts and when my idea worked, I kind of jumped around with joy. Yes! The little things :).

I used a font from the Silhouette store and curved my title. Then I cut it out from stencil material that I got from my dear Eri last Christmas but never tried before! I forgot to use anti-static powder on my paper, seriously I always do...Learn from my mistake and always use it when you plan on embossing! Anyway, I used some washi tape to hold my stencils in place and started stamping the cut outs with Versamark embossing ink. I did one at a time because the images were so large. I had to repeat the embossing process because it was hard to cover such a large area at once, but I was so happy with the results! Sure, there's the odd embossing powder here and there but not as much as I expected! Plus, embrace imperfection am I right?!


Then to create a chalk art look, I drew an offset with a white pencil first and colored in the shadows. I didn't quite like it so I drew around the offset with white pen too. Then I used a sponge to spread  some white pigment ink here and there. It was so simple!


For the middle of my page I wanted to use some snowflake background, so I took several single snowflakes from the Silhouette Store and welded them together in a way they fit in between the bottom and top part of the title. I also added a couple of single ones around the page.


I mostly used the Falala collection from Crate paper on this layout (except for the background paper which is an old one from Fancy Pants and the chalk brad from My Mind's Eye). I wrote my journaling with white pen - I love how that looks against the dark background!


Now for the fun part!

Here's our line up this month (in no particular order):


And guess who joined us with a stunning layout this month?!
None other than the uber talented PAIGE EVANS!!! Whoop whoop! Awesome right?!

Check out all the amazing creations on instagram and/or blogs!

Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!

X

Zsoka