Friday, May 25, 2018

Feature Friday at Concord and 9th - Bold and Brushy bundle

Hello friends,

I'm back today with another Concord and 9th Feature Friday instalment! Today we are focusing on the awesome new Bold and Brushy alphabet stamps, which come in upper case  and lower case, or if you want, they are also available as a bundle. You may know the older alpha stamp sets, Perfectly Penned, Sophisticated Script upper case and Sophisticated Script lower case (or the Sophisticated Script bundle) and if so, you know that they are special because they connect perfectly to create the look of hand lettering. The new Bold and Brushy lower case set works the same way! It's just a bolder font. Here are some cards I've made using these sets!

If you spend $60+ in the Concord and 9th store, you get a free gift every month. This month it's the adorable Tulip Label dies.



On this card I've used the upper case alphas combined with a die from the Tulip Label dies set. I cut five labels in colors that matched the background paper. I stamped the letters and frame with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I then played with different arrangements and finally settled on this one. For two of the squares I used foam adhesive to add some dimension and tucked some tangled thread under another. I embellished the card with matching enamel dots and some puffy stickers.



Then as I was working on these cards I remembered it was Father's Day the next day, which is always on a bank holiday here so everything was going to be closed...No chance to buy presents anymore...I'm so bad! So I decided to at least make a card so the kiddo can give it to his daddy. I used the background stamp from the upper case set to create a colorful background for my sentiment, which I stamped in black. Some ink splatter and enamels dots and done! I also stamped LOVE repeatedly on a grey envelope. I used the lower case set. I had to stamp each letter separately so they connect. If you were to use the upper case alpha, you could stamp the whole word at once. To finish it off I added some ink splatters.


Next I made another rainbow card. I can't help it, I love rainbows! So I stamped the letters in Hey There with different color inks. Then I die cut tulips in matching colors using the free tulip die. The background paper I chose comes from a 4x6 Studio Calico paper pad and since it was a little smaller on one side than what I needed, I needed a mat behind it. First I cut it down to 4x5.25". Then I created a 5.5x4.25" top folding card base and adhered a light aqua patterned paper onto the front. I used the pinked edge die from the Confetti Card dies set to create a yellow panel. I glued the stamped panel on this and added some stitching details in rainbow colors. Once done, I adhered these two layers onto the card front using foam adhesive. A few enamel dots and done!


I die cut the tulips 12 times in a grid pattern, from an A2 size white card stock. I then decided to cut it apart and create 2 cards from it. I die cut 12 tulips from patterned papers to add some color to the white panels. I stamped my sentiments  with Versamark ink using the upper case alpha set and heat embossed them. Then I put the cards together and embellished them with some pearls and Nuvo drops.


On my last card I used the lower case alphas. I just love this font! And they connect perfectly - even if that's not the case in "and"...That was my mistake. I didn't plan ahead and this way I would have had to stamp the D over the P so instead I decided to not connect those two letters at all...I used 4 different gray inks and alternated them with each letter. Once done, I trimmed off the sides of this paper and glued it on an A2 size patterned paper. I also added a sliver of pink card stock on either side of the white panel. I decorated this card with flowers which I die cut using the Just Because dies, some enamel dots, tiny flowers and splattered some black ink all around.


That's it for today guys! These sets are so versatile! I hope you'll give them a try!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!

X