Hey there crafty friends,
Today's post is a very special one! It is long, but it's for a worthy cause, so please stick with me!
Sweet Lea Lawson, who I know through Pinkfresh Studio, organised a card drive in honor of her angel baby Layton Caleb.
You can read about Lea's story on her blog today. I have a couple of friends who went through similar hardships and I admire their strength that got them through these trying times.
In honor of Layton's birthday, Lea is raising money to purchase substantial Starbucks gift cards that can be given to parents as they find themselves thrust into NICU life.
Lea can only do so much as just one person, but together we can accomplish SO much more! Plus - we are making it fun! We have a huge Card Drive blog hop going on in Layton's honor, with tons of amazing inspiration! We also have a fundraising effort, where every $5 donated gets you an entry into the prize drawing. There are over $2000 in prizes, sponsored by some of the most amazing stamping & papercrafting companies in the industry!
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
1. DONATE! - directly to Layton's Legacy YouCaring Fundraiser. For every $5 donated, you will be entered into the drawing for one of the prizes above!! All winners will be drawn from donations made thru the YouCaring Site. **Prizes will be drawn and announced on Lea's blog on Saturday, May 19th.**
2. SHARE! - I know that not everyone is able to donate, but sharing about the fundraiser gives it more visibility! Please feel free to share the YouCaring Link or this post on all your social media outlets!
-Pinkfresh Studio will be donating 10% of TODAY'S sales, and offering a 15% off discount to you for shopping!
-CAS-ual Fridays Stamps will be donating 15% of their sales thru May 19th.
-Lea's affiliate linking dollars will be donated thru May 19th.
4. CREATE! - this is also a card drive, and if you'd like to create a card using the theme /moodboard below, we would love that! Lea will be including these handmade treasures with the giftcards when she hands them over to the NICU social worker. Her dream is that the NICU will be covered in beautiful creations inspired by Layton!! Link them up HERE, and then please email Lea (email@example.com) to get the address for sending - and note that she will need them to arrive by May 31st.
HOW TO STAY UPDATED:
There are two ways to stay updated on the fundraising progress, and to see photos as Lea drops items off at the NICU.
1. Subscribe to the Lea Lawson Creates blog via email using the prompt in the upper right corner - then you will get email notifications when she adds a new post.
2. Follow Lea Lawson Creates on Instagram. She will add photos & videos to her IG Stories, and likely goes LIVE a few times throughout the fundraising effort and as they drop everything off at the NICU!
Anything you can do can help a mom or dad thrust into NICU life feel like someone out there cares about them as they go through a time that is very scary and very hard. THANK YOU for helping Lea do this!
Not only is this a fundraiser, but also a super inspiring blog hop with MANY stops along the way! As you hop along, you will see amazing cards created with a very special theme. Lea created this moodboard when they started planning Layton's nursery, and it is her very heart poured into a graphic.
Now on to the blog hop info - at the end of this post you'll find a link list with all of the stops along the hop! Please be sure to leave some love for the thoughtfulness & generosity that these companies, stores & designers have shown for this Card Drive & Fundraising effort. This wouldn't have been possible without them!
I have also created some cards that I've already mailed to Lea as well as many of my past cards that had encouraging sentiments. I love worthy causes and this one is close to my heart! This is a very small gesture but I hope it brings a minute of joy to these wonderful parents!
Unfortunately my brain didn't register that we were working with a mood board, so please forgive me for my design choices! It actually makes me so sad, because it's such a wonderful mood board with gorgeous colors for a little boy! I would have loved to work with it!
Thank you SO much for being part of Layton's Legacy Card Drive & Fundraiser! We can't wait to see the impact we can make on the lives of NICU parents.
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read about this amazing initiative!
Have a lovely day!
XBlog hop list: