Friday, May 11, 2018

Pinch me - guesting at Concord and 9th!

Hey there crafty friends,

When Angie (one of the owners of Concord & 9th) dropped me a message asking if I'd be interested in guesting this month, I literally had the biggest smile on my face ever. I had fallen asleep on the couch earlier and when I woke up I found this message. I was sooo happy! Total fan girl moment!

I couldn't wait for my package full of awesomeness to arrive! And when it did, I got right onto it. This week we are showcasing the super cool Mix Tape stamp and dies (you can buy the bundle here).  Let me just tell you, this one spoke to me. Not only do mix tapes bring back teenage memories, they are also a perfect fit for my family. My boyfriend and his whole family is all about music. His two nieces are performing at Sziget festival in Budapest, Hungary this year. That is a huge deal! The younger one is only 16 years old. Proud moment here :). Anyway, back on topic...I kinda got carried away in my excitement and created a whole bunch of cards! Hope you like them!


First up, some masculine cards. Well mostly :). That cassette in the photo is actually one from my boyfriend's ex-band. I really loved their music, too bad they quit! 

The first two cards are pretty much the same just different color ways. I die cut the cassettes from black and white card stocks and interchanged the parts, if that makes sense. On one of them I stamped the little colorful stripes directly on the cassette, but obviously I could not do this on black card stock. So in that case I stamped on a separate paper, fussy cut the stripes out then adhered them to the black card stock. 


The Hello and Friend Mix are embossed. I used a really cool black glitter embossing powder. Unfortunately you can't really see it in these photos. But I swear in person it looks so cool! 


I used foam adhesive to add the cassettes to the A2 card base, as well as for some of those tiny die cut stars. Some black ink splatter and done!

At the same time I was die cutting those little stars, I did the same with the hearts. Two birds, one stone right? I didn't like them on my first two cards but I didn't want to throw them away. So I created a third card with a shaker cassette on it :). Since the shaker is filled with hearts, I used the other ribbon stamp, that is shaped as a heart. So clever! This one turned out girly because of the hearts so I went ahead and embellished it with some enamels dots.


Still carrying on with the masculine theme I also made two one layer cards. I'm all about dimension and layers but I actually like how these ones turned out. I normally only like flat cards if someone else makes them, not me, ha!


I used a few different blue and grey (and of course black) inks to stamp everything. I first stamped the cassettes, then the ribbons and as I still struggle with white space, I went ahead and used the small rectangle stamp (the one that fills up the stripes on the cassette) to create some light pattern in the background. 



Next up, girl cards! You know, had I designed cassettes back in the day, they would have looked like these hehe!

The feminine version of the die cut cassette cards! I picked out a few different pink patterned papers as well as some rose gold metallic paper and die cut all pieces. For one of the backgrounds I used white card stock but like I said, I can't deal with white space, so I splattered black and pink paint all over the panel. I heat embossed the ribbons and sentiments on both panels. And to make the cards even more girly and pretty, I die cut a few flowers from patterned papers, using a die from an earlier set, Just Because.  I added some Nuvo drops to these.



The second card is the same, but I added the acrylic XOXO piece that I got from a friend a few weeks ago. Love it!



Last but not least the two feminine versions of my one layer cards. Except these didn't end up being one layer cards haha! 

I used a variety of coral, grey and black inks and did the exact same thing as on the two masculine cards. To create the background pattern I stamped HB (for Happy Birthday) all over and filled up the white space with tiny dots. 


I added flowers and Nuvo drops, just like before. Because it totally makes sense to have flowers on the ribbons. Oh well, I've never been accused of being "normal" :).



Sorry for not including close-ups in this post, but I have so many photos, I didn't want the post be too overwhelming!

Should you have any questions on how I did something, what I used etc, just leave a comment below, I'm happy to help!

Please excuse any mistakes, it's 4.30am, I should go to bed - the birds are already chirping outside haha!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have an awesome weekend you guys!

X