Monday, May 7, 2018

The Good Life - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there friends,

Today I have not one, but two posts for you! In this one I'm sharing a layout I've created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team.

I didn't really have a plan for this one, I only knew I wanted to use the gorgeous Large Flower cut file (Design ID: 262729) and the Oh My Heart collection. I still love this collection so much, I actually ended up using it for all my May projects!

I didn't want to go with the obvious and blow up the cut file, I do this too often! So I went with the second most obvious haha! This design I do very often too but I can't get tired of it. I guess we all have our favorites! I usually do this with circles - but these flowers are pretty much that, too, right? So I cut a few of them in different sizes from textured white card stock, then partially backed them with patterned papers. 


I was going to go with a rainbow of colors but I changed my mind half way and went with yellows and greens. I wish I checked my supplies before taking decisions like these because I almost always end up struggling with embellishments. I don't have much left from Oh My Heart, especially not in these colors, so I had to go through all collections. I added chipboards, stickers, charms, die cuts, puffy stickers from Turn the Page; a button and the puffy sticker title from Fancy Free and a chipboard bow from Take Me Away. 


I played around with the flowers and the photo until I liked the arrangement, then adhered them down. For a couple of them I used foam adhesive for additional dimension. I also layered some tissue paper behind my photo as well as a journaling spot. 


This clear sentiment sticker was the perfect color and length for my photo, so I added this too. Those heart charms are still my favorite embellishments of all time! 

I stitched on 3 buttons - the big yellow-green is from Fancy Free (I've been hoarding it because this is one of my favorite colors), the other 2 are from my stash.


Last but not least, date (which I now realize is a year off, since it should be 2018 haha!), enamel dots and a puffy sticker title finish off my layout!


I hope you like this layout as much as I do! Those flowers are just so pretty, they make me happy!

Thank you for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another Oh My Heart layout! I hope you'll join me then too!

Have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLIES
Fancy Free collection: puffy stickers, button 
Take Me Away collection: chipboard sticker 
Oh My Heart collection: Paper 01, Paper 10, Paper 22, charms