Thursday, April 2, 2020

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - April 2020

Hi there crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by today to share some projects with the super cool Spellbinders April 2020 Small and Large Die kits! Do you guys remember the Trucking Through the Seasons die set from 2018?! It was an extremely popular one, it sold out fast several times - and it was (still is) one of my most favorite Spellbinders die set ever. Then later they released the So Many Sentiments die set, which coordinates with the Trucking Through the Seasons die set. Both the Large and Small Die kits this month coordinate with the original set too - but can also be used on their own, to create projects for a variety of occasions!

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

I'll start with the Small Die kit. Since I love the truck so much, I used it on almost all my cards today but there's so many pieces in this set and you really don't need the truck to create one of a kind projects!


I actually made a wedding card with the truck before where I added puffy heart stickers for balloons! You can check it out (and more with the same dies) HERE!

On this pair of cards I've used a mix of Alexandra Renke and My Mind's Eye papers. I embossed both backgrounds using the I Heart embossing folder. I just love the texture these folder create, what do you think?


I will be honest, die cutting all the pieces you need takes a while! At least for me. All the planning of papers and colors that would work together and then sometimes it doesn't work out the way I hope so I have to recut them lol! Please tell me I'm not the only one!

About the engagement rings...There actually is a diamond die in the set but I had this patterned paper full of diamonds that I would never use for anything so it was the perfect occasion to use at least ONE haha! It is much bigger than the die though!

As well as wedding, engagement themed dies, you'll also get some holiday items, like the bow I used here or a "Happy" bauble and "Holidays" licence plate.


Now for the Large Die kit! In this kit you'll get dies for baby boy/girl, sports/game day and birthday themes. I haven't used the birthday theme because I rarely make cards for babies and I have never made any sports themed one before - so I definitely wanted to use these!

First up, Babies! The only Baby themed paper collection I have ever bought is the Little You collection from Crate Paper, and luckily I still have some of the precious papers, even the 6x6 pads so they were perfect for these cards! I had to add some color card stock and some patterned paper from Alexandra Renke because there's just not enough solids in those baby collections.


See, if you don't have the truck die set, you can just die cut lots of baby bottles and rattles and create your own background patterns - which is one of my favorite things to do and you'll see an example down below!


The oval dies I used here I use all the time too, they are really great basics! I love my layers, can't help it.
Then the scallops you see at the bottom of the baby girl card comes in another really great and versatile set:



Last but not least my sports themed card duo! I was so happy about this one because I literally only create masculine cards once a year! I'm sure many of you know what I mean ha! I think one of the reasons though is that I simply have no masculine products. I have a really cool stamp set from Spellbinders, Sophisticated Animals and that was it!


You get a soccer ball, basketball, baseball + baseball bat, football as well as three different sports themed sentiment dies, I believe. 


For these cards I used a variety of Alexandra Renke papers. I love this color combo! By the way, this is what I meant above that you don't need the truck die to be able to create projects with these die sets. Like I did here, you can play with different arrangements and build background patterns, it's so fun!



That's it! What do you guys think? Do you like this month's die kits?
Should you have any questions, leave a comment below!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a nice day!
X