Saturday, January 2, 2021

Too Happy - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hi there friends,

I hope you guys are well! 

I'm stopping by today to share a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team! I've used the awesome Go the Scenic Route collection on this project.


I really wanted to use this gorgeous green paper for my background, but I didn't want the map to be visible.  This time I was going to use non-travel themed photos, so I thought the map didn't make much sense. It broke my heart a little because it is absolutely beautiful. I do have another sheet of this paper though, so I will definitely use it in the future!


I started thinking about ideas, how I could cover up this large part of the background in a fun way. There's a patterned paper in the collection that has all kinds of strips on it, and this inspired me to cut paper strips. I cut this paper apart, also cut a few more from other papers, most of which I didn't end up using. It was hard to know in advance, how many I will need exactly!

I then started gluing them down. I only added liquid glue at the top part of each strip, so I could later bend up and distress the bottom part to add dimension and a fun texture. I kind of organized the strips by color, from lightest to darkest, from top to bottom. I added some tissue paper as well as some ephemera/journaling pieces behind my photo, then adhered them to my background. I originally wanted to use the alpha thickers to create my title at the bottom, but I just didn't have the right letters in the right colors. I ended up going for the tiny puffy phrase stickers - I just used letters from different words to create a fun and colorful title. Which by the way is sarcastic (the title I mean), because my kid was clearly not too happy about having to start school haha!


I selected a few embellishments: chipboards, die cuts, stickers, that matched the colors in the background, and I added them using mostly foam adhesive. I stamped my date onto a label and tucked it behind one of the photos. 


Last but not least, I added my journaling, using a white gel pen. I absolutely love using white gel pens on darker backgrounds!

You can also watch the process video if you want to see this layout come together:


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

X