Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Happiness Blooms from Within - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hi there crafters,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team! 

The first thing that caught my eye this time, was this gorgeous burgundy paper, with white polka dot and doily design from the lovely Wonders collection. I wanted this paper to shine, so I didn't want to cover a whole lot of it with photos, embellishments etc.


I've used several cut files to create this page:
I had a bunch of white layered flowers left over from my recent rainbow layout, so I thought I might as well use them on this page! Otherwise I'd just forget! 


I created a cluster at the top right, using the Doily cut file as a mat for my photo. I tucked a few die cuts under my photo, flowers, tags, stickers...Originally I wanted to go with a burgundy-white color scheme, but when I saw the Happiness Blooms From Within die cut, I decided to add navy in the mixture. Those three just looked great together! I ended up using that die cut as my title, too!


I wanted to add the white flowers somewhere around my photo - bottom left section or so. But I didn't like the look of that, so I decided to place them along the bottom left part of the Doily instead. I also added some burgundy enamel dots to the flowers. I think I used all I had in this color haha!

I stamped my date and added my journaling, following the curvature of the doily. I used navy ink and a navy pen, to match my colors in the layout.


I do have a process video for you as well:


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

Have a wonderful day!

X