Saturday, November 4, 2017

NOLA - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi there,

I'm back today with a new layout for the Paige Evans + Silhouette design team.

I've used the Ampersand cut file (ID #223746) and the beautiful Turn the Page collection for this one.

About a year ago I made a layout using an ampersand cut file that I really liked, so when I saw this cut file I thought I'd lift that layout. I sometimes do this, recreate an older layout, put a different spin on it! It will always look different anyway because I'm using different supplies, plus they go into different albums anyway, so I'm not too bothered that I have similar layouts. Also, I have to mention, the ampersand itself has absolutely no relation to my photos or topic of the layout in this case, it's purely a design element. I'm a bit random aren't I?!


I first cut the ampersand from a yellow patterned paper, then again from white card stock and glued them together. I did this because the patterned paper is so thin and when I back it and use liquid glue, it doesn't look nice. This way I had a thicker piece and no warping. Warping is my pet peeve I think, I can't stand it on my pages haha! Which is also the reason why I hardly ever create mixed media pages!
I first backed every other opening with a pink ombre paper, then I adhered a floral paper behind the whole cut file so the rest of the openings are filled too. I didn't bother filling each of them separately but if you only have tiny pieces left of your favourite paper, you could totally do this!
I adhered the cut file to my chosen background paper with the help of foam adhesive, so it pops off the background.


Then I fussy cut two floral 12x12 papers...in their entirety...This took me ages, I will admit! But at the time I wasn't in the mood to work on any projects, so I thought this way at least I was doing something while relaxing. Also, I have a ton of flowers left, so next time I can just create a layout or cards without spending too much time on them!


I sorted the flowers by color and created a rainbow kind of look on the left side of the ampersand. Most of them I tucked under the cut file, a couple of them I popped on 3D foam adhesive to add some interest and variation to the design. 


I chose two photos of my son that I took in New Orleans this summer. I added some tissue paper behind them, plus a few tags and labels behind the one on the right and glued them on top of the ampersand in a way that they overlap each other. I used thickers for my very original (NOT!) title. I've been struggling with titles lately. I desperately hate long titles, but there's not many one word titles I can think of after so many layouts...And what title do you give to a layout that just documents a random moment, nothing specific...? Hmmm.


To finish off my page, I added my journaling on a journaling spot below my photo, stamped the date and added a few black ink spatters.

That's it for today!

Thank you for stopping by today! I'll be back with some Halloween inspiration shortly, so stay tuned!

X

SUPPLIES: Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the Page collection: patterned papers, tags, journaling spot, chipboard stickers, alpha thickers, die cut ephemera.