Sunday, November 5, 2017

Happy Heart - DT layout for Just Nick

Hello crafty friends,
I'm back today with a new layout for Just Nick. This week we are focusing on leaf cut files and I chose this one:
https://justnick.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/leaves

I've used this set many times before, but it is still a favourite! I used one of these four lovely leaves, multiplied them and formed a flower shape.


I love to create for Just Nick, because I can use any supplies my heart desires! And I'm mostly trying to choose an older collection I still have a lot of, which is the case with the one I used for this layout, Chasing Dreams from Maggie Holmes. This is still my favourite collection from Maggie Holmes to this date! The colors are beautiful and there are so many patterned papers in the collection that I can use for backgrounds!


I cut the leaves from textured white card stock, in different sizes. I backed them with various patterned papers, making sure I have a balanced look. If I have stand alone shapes like these flowers (so no background cut files) I always adhere only a part of them to the patterned paper because I love love love the curve the cut file has after peeling it off the mat. This adds dimension and interest to the layout too. I played around with different arrangements and finally settled on this one. No rhyme or reason, I just liked this the most.


Once I had the design I wanted, I glued everything down. I didn't add a whole lot of embellishments, a few buttons and chipboard shapes to the middle of my flowers as well as some stickers around my photo.


I wrote some journaling and stamped my date. As almost always, I finished off the layout by adding some black ink spatters.


It's simple but I like how it turned out. These colours just make me happy!

I hope I could inspire you in some small way today!

Until next time,

X