Friday, November 24, 2017

Thankful - DT cards for Just Nick

Hi there friends,

This week we are focusing on Thanksgiving at Just Nick! Since we do not celebrate it here in Europe, I thought I could create a bunch of Thank You cards instead of a layout! These always come in handy anyway right?

I selected a few cut files with this theme as well as some florals and butterflies, because well, I love them...When I was little my parents' botanist friend thought I'd become one too (botanist that is), I was so interested in flowers. I even got a book from her called Zsofi's garden - it was the most similar name to mine that she could find :). At some point I did want to become a florist, but in the end that did not happen.

The cut files I chose for my cards are the following:








I cut out all shapes from textured white card stock. On my first card I backed the oval wreath with some patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection (all supplies I used for these cards are from this collection). I then added some foam to the back so it pops off the card. I created a 4x6" card base with two different patterned papers, then glued the wreath on top. I added Grateful and completed my sentiment with For you using the gold puffy alpha stickers. I fussy cut two butterflies from one of the papers and glued them down on top of the wreath. I also used a third butterfly; this one is a chipboard piece.



I created another 4x6" card base using patterned papers. I backed a few of the flowers from the Floral and Fauna cut file set. Some I didn't back. I layered these on top of each other randomly, to give my card an airy feel. I glued Thanks in the middle of my card and completed the sentiment using stickers. As a finishing touch I added a few enamel dots. 



My third card design is also on a 4x6" base. I cut part of the Delicate butterflies cut file and backed these with patterned paper. I glued Thankful at the bottom and hand stitched around the letters to give them more definition and texture. I added two stickers to finish off my card.



That's it for today! I hope you like my cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

X