I'm back today with a card trio I've made for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team.
First I kind of picked out my color scheme - it's very hard to stay away from those berry tones in the gorgeous Pick-Me-Up collection, but I challenged myself and chose blues and yellows for my main colors.
All three cards are 5.5x5.5" top folding cards.
On the first one I've used the Flower cut file (Silhouette Design ID: 237193). I used a sketch pen to draw the design with my Silhouette Cameo, then hand stitched it with different shades of yellow/green/blue embroidery floss.
I adhered a 5.5x5.5" blue patterned paper to my card base, then added a slightly smaller yellow patterned paper. Finally I attached my 5x5" hand stitched panel on top, using foam adhesive. I fussy cut a few butterflies from one of the patterned papers and scattered them around the hand stitched area. My sentiment consists of a die cut from the ephemera pack and a chipboard piece.
To finish off my card, I added a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Glaze here and there.
I wanted to add hand stitched flowers on the second card but then my laziness got the best of me haha! You'll see in the close-ups that I sketched out the design with my Cameo (I've used the Simple Flower Background cut file, Silhouette Design ID: 228026) first. Then I decided to cut the little flowers from a few different patterned papers and create a dimensional, gradient look instead. The sketch lines were still helpful, this way at least it was very fast to line up those flowers! but then my laziness got the best of me haha! You'll see in the close-ups that I sketched out the design with my Cameo (I've used the Simple Flower Background cut file, Silhouette Design ID: 228026) first. Then I decided to cut the little flowers from a few different patterned papers and create a dimensional, gradient look instead. The sketch lines were still helpful, this way at least it was very fast to line up those flowers!
First I glued a 5.5x5.5" blue patterned paper onto my card base, then added a slightly smaller piece of green, at last my 5x5" yellow card front. I added foam dots to the flowers and adhered them to the card front.
The sentiment I picked comes from the 2x2" paper pad. I glued this onto the flowers, then added a die cut frame from the ephemera pack. To create more dimension, I've used foam adhesive for this. I didn't want to cover up more of the background, so I only added a flower die cut, a puffy sticker and a bow die cut to the frame.
On my final card I've used the Flowers in Wreath cut file (Silhouette Design ID: 239719), which I cut from yellow patterned paper. I backed each flower center with some navy patterned paper, then decided to die cut the wreath again from a lighter yellow patterned paper, this time only the outlines. I added a 5.5x5.5" piece of navy floral patterned paper to my card base, then I adhered the flower outline die cut onto it, using some foam adhesive. I also kept the inside piece and glued it down in the middle with my ATG. I like the different layers.
I then added some pop dots to my flower centers and glued the wreath on top of the other, but actually turned it a bit, so that the bottom layer doesn't back the flowers on top. If that makes any sense :). I punched a yellow circle for the middle, then added foam adhesive and my circle sentiment on top. To finish off this card I placed a butterfly and a bow on it.
That's it for today! I hope you like how these turned out and can use one of the techniques I showcased today!
Until next time! Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment