Friday, April 6, 2018

You make me super duper happy when skies are gray - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hey there crafty friends,

I'm back today with a new layout for Fancy Pants Designs. 


But before I get to it, let me re-introduce myself shortly, in case you're new here!

I'm Zsóka (I know a lot of people are wondering just how to pronounce that haha! The closest but not exact match would be: ʒɔ:kɑ:), and I've been on the Fancy Pants Designs DT for 1.5 years. It was a dream come true when Jodi added me to the DT - Fancy Pants has been one of my favourite manufacturers ever since I started scrapbooking in 2015. I adore their unique designs, patterns and color combinations! I hope they will never follow the masses! <3

I'm Hungarian but have been living in Germany for over 13 years now. I live with my Dutch boyfriend and our 9 and a half-year-old son who is the main focus of my layouts. I've been crafting ever since I remember - in kindergarten I mostly drew and won all sorts of competitions (my parents still have some of my "work") which is funny because I can't draw to save my life now. However being creative was not supported that day and age and I had to study things that people considered to be useful, things that one could easily find a job with. So I studied languages...After I had my first BA in the pocket I could finally decide what I myself would want to learn. You'd think I chose something I actually liked. Nope. Instead I studied Public Relations which I never practiced and never will because I'm too honest for my own good...After I moved here, at some point I needed something that made me happy so I started studying interior design. I was obsessed with it so it's beyond me why I am not interested in it anymore. For a while now I've been thinking about studying again to finally work in a creative field - about 20 years too late! No one ever blamed me for being quick...I wish one could make scrapbooking into a career because the amount of time I spend on it is more than a full time job!

I think this is the first time I actually wrote about my studies, so there might be new information there even for people who know me!

As for today's layout. My inspiration came from a card by the super talented Yana Smakula, who used a Simon Says Stamp card kit to create her gorgeous card. It reminded me of the galoshes cut file by Paige Evans! I thought it would be perfect with the amazing The Bright Side collection!



I cut a pair of wellies and backed them the exact same way, using different patterned papers. I adhered my photo to my background and glued the wellies on top. I then placed all the flowers and leaves from the ephemera pack on my boots. I love how that looks! I used different adhesives to give the flowers dimension: liquid glue for some and 3d foam adhesive for others. 



Other than that I kept my embellishing to the minimum, just a couple of pieces of die cuts, labels and chipboards. For my title I picked a chipboard banner piece.


I wrote my journaling, splattered black ink and added some nuvo drops to finish off my page.


That's it for today! I hope you like this page as much as I loved working on it!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

X