Monday, April 2, 2018

Wild Fun - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there lovelies,

I'm sharing a new layout today that I've created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team.

I wanted to do something a bit different from what I normally go for and boy did I struggle with this layout! I had to bring in an extra set of eyes just to be able to finish it haha! I do like how it turned out though! So thank you friend (you know who you are!) for all the help!

I chose the Grid of Flowers cut file (design ID: 246559) and modified it a little. First I repeated the cut file 4 times, then mixed up the inner squares a little so they are more random, then I welded the 4 big squares (one consists of 9 small squares).


I cut it out from a patterned paper from the Pick-Me-Up collection, then backed a few of the squares with various patterned papers from the same collection. I adhered it to my background paper and started decorating. 


I randomly placed my photos, then went through all embellishments from Pick-Me-Up and pulled out the ones that fit the color scheme. My son is eating homemade berries and yogurt popsicle in these photos and I thought the berry tones in this collection would be a perfect match!


I used stickers, puffy stickers, chipboards, die cuts, sequins and buttons and placed them wherever I liked them, no rhyme or reason.


The title gave me headaches because I really wanted to use the gorgeous alpha thickers from Pick-Me-Up, tone on tone. However they just got lost in the background. So I went through all of Paige's collections and settled on the gold foam phrase thickers from the Take Me Away collection - I love this font!


To finish off my layout, I added the date and wrote my journaling. 





I hope you like how this page turned out!
Thank you for stopping by!

X

SUPPLIES: 
Pink Paislee - Take Me Away collection: foam phrase thickers