Friday, July 13, 2018

Card inspiration - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi there friends,

I'm stopping by to share some new cards I've created for Pinkfresh Studio with gorgeous new products from the July release!

On these first two cards I've used the beautiful Fancy Floral 2 die. This is actually a layering die, when you use it together with the Fancy Floral 1 die, it creates a beautiful layered look. However on these cards I only used one panel. 

My idea was to cut this panel from different color card stocks and then doing inlay technique to add color to a white card. I'm bad at throwing away stuff so I used one of the coral panels too. I cut off some parts of that die cut and glued the remaining piece on a white A2 size top folding card base.


I added some gold splatters and a triangular piece of white vellum, which I used for my sentiment. This sentiment comes from the Bloom stamp set. I stamped this with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I added some crystals to finish off this card.


On the other card I did add color with the inlay technique. This took me ages but I think it's worth it, I love how that looks. I didn't want to cover up this background of couse, since I spent so much time on it. So I decided to only add a sentiment strip and some gold thread. This time I embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set as before) with gold embossing powder. Some gold ink splatters and crystals and done!


On my next two cards I've used the Pretty Paisley stamp and die sets. I love the folklore feel of this stamp! First I cut a paisley shaped window in a 4.25"x5.50" white card stock. Then I put together my top folding card base: I attached a piece of grid patterned paper from the Simple & Sweet collection to my white card base.


I stamped a bunch of flowers in colors that coordinate with the Simple & Sweet collection and tucked them behind the paisley window. What I forgot to do before assembling this card was to stamp the sentiment. I'm happy it stamped at all! Finally, I added a few enamel dots in matching colors.


For my second card I stamped the paisley one time as well as two of those pretty floral pieces. Using foam adhesive I attached this piece to my A2 size top folding card base. I then stamped it again, using different colors (but all from the Simple &Sweet collection) and die cut it. For this pisley I didn't use any foam adhesive, I just glued it down as is, then trimmed off the excess.

.

To finish off this card, I added some enamel dots and my sentiment.


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some way!

Happy crafting!

X