Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Fun in the Sun - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there crafty friends,

I'm sharing a new layout today that I've made for Fancy Pants Designs.

I've used the Poolside collection with a little bit of The Bright Side on this one.


I chose this adorable Crab cut file from Paige Evans (Silhouette ID: #267053) and cut it from textured white card stock. Then I backed it with patterned papers from both collections and adhered it on the background paper (from The Bright Side collection). 


I kind of put the photo in the crab's claws but now that I'm looking at the close-up I notice it came out on the left side. Oh well, you get the idea :). For my title I used a die cut, Fun in the Sun, which perfectly fits my photo! Because apparently at that age eating sand is fun, ha! I also tucked that adorable smiling sun die cut behind the title and adhered another phrase die cut on the photo. Oh, and of course I had to use a rubber charm clip! How cute is that flamingo float?!


There is a patterned paper in the Poolside collection that has these big monstera leaves on it and I felt the need to fussy cut some! There's also some in the ephemera pack. It's totally random but I tucked these leaves in between the crab's leg haha! Random or not, I like the way it looks :).


On one side I created a flower cluster, again, totally random, but I love flowers so it's all good!


On the other side I created another cluster with some summer icons like flip flops, snorkelling mask and a swim ring. To create a dimensional look I used foam adhesive in many places.


This layout came together very quickly, it's quite possibly the quickest layout I have ever made! But I still like how it turned out, I hope you do too!

Thanks for stopping by today, have an amazing day!

X