Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Smile, It's Your Birthday - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi crafty friends,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette cut file Design Team. Once in a while I feel like making a big photo layout, often when I come across a photo that I especially love. Such as the one here, of my sweet 4-year-old, almost 6 years ago, staring suspiciously at all the yummy sweets I made for his party...We had a Lego themed party and I decorated everything in orange and teal, which were the colors of his custom invites and other paper decor like cupcake toppers, favor boxes and more. I made orange and teal cupcake frosting, Lego people cookies and I filled a huuuge candy jar with only orange and teal colored sweets. Which is why I went with the Apothecary Candy Jars Border cut file! It reminded me of that candy jar!


I designed the layout in Studio more or less, placed the photo on my mat to see what size of cut file I would need. I wanted the jars to be as big as possible and since this is a rather wide cut file, I had to crop off some jars on the left to be able to do this (enlarge the cut file that is). Once I was happy with the size, I cut it from textured white card stock.

My original idea was to fill the jars with small embellies to resemble sweets but I couldn't make it work, something was just not right. So instead I simply backed the jars with several patterned papers from the Turn the Page collection. I found some that kind of looked like candies - maybe that's just me though!


Next, I adhered the photo to the background paper. I added pop dots to my cut file and glued that down too. The thing about big photo layouts is that they really don't need much. And for some reason this confuses me haha! I love adding a lot of things and layers to my projects so making something this simple is a struggle and I kid you not, it usually takes longer than a more complex layout!


I knew I wanted to add a white title directly on the photo but with a pop of color. I found that this piece of brush stroke paper from the mini foam alpha set was just perfect, so I cut it out of the packaging! I also added this amazing pearl white thicker word from the Take Me Away collection. Another product I wish I had 10 packs of! I've added a bunch of stars, chip boards, die cuts etc on the top left part of my photo.



That's it!
I hope you like this layout as much as I do!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have an awesome day!

X

SUPPLIES: 
Take Me Away collection: Foam Phrase Thickers
Pick-Me-Up collection: Mini Thickers