Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Splish Splash - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hello friends,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for Fancy Pants Designs! 
This is my first time using the new Poolside collection and I'm in looove :). So adorable!

I started out by printing a couple of photos that could go with this collection. For the first time, I am not positive if I haven't scrapped this photo before. I don't remember a layout with it but I've now officially lost track.

Anyway, I chose this one because it was actually taken at a pool, not the beach hehe. And I liked the colors with this collection!


I chose a cut file by Paige Evans called Fish Background (Silhouette ID: #267502) and deleted some of it so I only have the fish at the bottom. Here I cheated a little, there are no solids in this collection so I snuck in a navy paper from the Golden Days collection. But that's OK right, mixing and matching is always fun! I used this paper to back most of the cut file, some fish I backed with a pink striped paper.


I then hand stitched around the pink fish, for which I used pink and navy embroidery floss. Once the background was done, I started embellishing. 


First I added some tissue paper behind my photo then glued it in place so I knew where everything else was going. I tucked in a tag (from The Bright Side collection) on the right side and wrote my journaling on it. I created a flower cluster at the top and also attached a super cool paper clip. I went on adding some water splashes, which are from the die cut pack and the chipboard sheet. I also glued some phrases on the photo.


Then the cutest of all! These die cut images of swimming kids! Oh my goodness! I can't even. And I found they fit perfectly on this page among all the fish!


I loved working on this page, my son's baby photos always make me so happy! (Or desperately sad, cos seriously, where did the time go?!)

I hope you like how it turned out! You need this collection too right?! So perfect for those summer photos!

That's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great day!

X