Thursday, July 5, 2018

Scrapbook inspiration - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hey there crafty friends,

I'm checking in with my very first monthly blog post for the Pinkfresh Studio Scrapbook Team! I'm so excited and honored to be here! I've been a fan of PFS products for a long time (well, ever since I first laid eye on them really!) and because patterned papers are my most favorite scrapbooking products, I'm ecstatic I will be able to use them more on the scrapbook team! Thanks so much Pinkfresh Studio for this opportunity!

I have two layouts for you today that I've created with the new and super gorgeous Simple & Sweet collection! I always love PFS color palettes, they are always so unique! This time the colors are so fresh and pretty, perfect for summer!

On my first layout I used my favorite paper from the collection, Good Things, as my main focus. I cut off the part where the stripes go another direction. I did this with two papers, and the second one I cut apart even more: I cut it into strips and added those strips on my other paper. I stitched them down in the middle and bent up the sides to add dimension.


I then assembled my background on a heavy weight card stock: I added a strip of the Happy Life paper at the top and a strip of the Simplicity paper at the bottom. For contrast I placed a couple of thin strips of coral card stock on the background too.


Next, I die cut 3 flowers from the Good Things paper. I then created two clusters around my photo, for which I used die cuts from the ephemera pack, epoxy stickers, puffy stickers, enamel dots and these die cut flowers.


I added my puffy sticker title, some black ink splatters, wrote my journaling and stamped my date. That's it!


For my second layout I went with the Happy Life paper for background and decided to cut the cut files (the Dream Catcher cut file is from Paige Evans) from blue and yellow card stock. I then backed the cut files with various patterned papers from the Simple & Sweet collection, some from the 6x6 pad, but I used some of the 12x12 papers too.


Once done, I glued down the cut files onto my background and started embellishing. First I added my photo which I trimmed into a circle. I used foam adhesive for this so I could tuck other embellies behind my photo. 


I created two clusters, using die cuts, epoxy stickers, puffy stickers, enamel dots as well as some flowers I fussy cut from one of the patterned papers.



For my title I went with the beautiful mint puffy alpha stickers. I added a die cut banner below it, as well as my journaling.



That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have an amazing day!

X