Friday, November 23, 2018

Focus on Sparkles glitter - DT project for WOW Embossing Powder

Hi guys,

I'm stopping by to share my latest projects for the WOW! Embossing Powder Design Team! 

This month our theme is "Sparkles" and I took it quite literally, using SPARKLES glitter ha! I have never used glitter in my life if you can believe it, so I actually had to check what to do with it hahaha!  I went with the same idea as on my other two cards I've created for our monthly challenge on Facebook (you can see them in this album).


Basically I just added adhesive (different types: glue dots, double sided adhesive and liquid glue). I then poured SPARKLES on my die cuts - I've used  Stroke of Midnight on these cards! I didn't trust the glue to hold forever so I added a thick layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze. It turned out pretty cool, like  a silicon type material, totally bendable!

I made two A2 size, top folding card bases and added the two stamped panels I had made before. I used the awesome Happy Plaids stamp to create my backgrounds. I didn't have Christmas on my mind when I was working on these cars as you can see. 


I think this is by far the most unusual color combo I've ever used on a Christmas card but I love it! I stamped a lot of backgrounds with this same Concord and 9th stamp and when I put the blue ornament on these I just thought it fit so well! The ornament by the way is also from Concord and 9th, it's called Ornamental. You might be lucky and get discounts today on Black Friday! Check it out!


I used foam tape to add both the ornament and the big label on my cards. I wasn't sure how to add a sentiment to my ornament without covering it up too much; in the end I went with a couple of tags which I die cut from white card stock. I've used the Handmade Tags die set from Altenew for this. To finish off both cards, I added some crystals here and there.


That's it folks! I hope you like today's inspiration! If you have any questions, please shoot! I apologize if this post is not very well structured, I'm half asleep as I'm writing this.

Thanks for stopping by today!
I wish you an awesome day!

X